VP of Accounting/Corporate Controller
Procore Technologies, founded in 2003, provides cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe. It is the collaborative hub of construction intelligence, connecting all construction team members to the information they need, when they need it. Procore’s comprehensive platform increases project communication and efficiency by streamlining, automating, and mobilizing project communications and documentation. This 24/7 accessibility to project data minimizes costly risks and delays, ultimately boosting profits. Procore helps construction services companies of all types manage projects including industrial plants, office buildings, apartment complexes, university facilities, retail centers, and more.
Seeking an experienced public company VP, Accounting/Corporate Controller to lead the Company’s accounting function and build a strong internal control structure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. A self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, this individual will have a strong technical accounting background and will be a CPA with significant experience in the SaaS or software industry. Responsible for accounting operations, GAAP compliance, internal reporting, external reporting, and internal controls, this individual will also be heavily involved with managing the external audit relationship. This individual will also be involved with various ad hoc analyses of critical business issues for senior management. This position will report to the CFO and will initially have a team of about 20 professionals.
This position is located at our Headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean (15 minutes south of Santa Barbara).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting organization.
- Represent the Accounting organization and its cross departmental efforts with elegance and poise while cultivating a culture of “enabling” the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts, and provide management with timely financial information for effective strategic decision making.
- Manage all presentation matters for the Audit Committee.
- Oversees all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Supports the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Establish / refine, monitor and enforce appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures, and lead SOX compliance efforts.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP and other compliance issues.
- Support international expansion, and oversee accounting and payroll for international subsidiaries.
- Supervise, train, develop and mentor accounting staff.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis preferred
- CPA Required
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP, and have strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience
- 5+ years of Accounting and Finance experience inside a public company, software/SaaS experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
At Procore we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work, and are encouraged to try new ideas, all while in an open, collaborative environment. We believe in keeping our employees happy—whether that's the latest tech, catered lunches, dog friendly offices, or our fitness programs. You'll have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and grow with Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, with growing offices across the United States. To learn more about our team, click here.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Market Response Group Manager
Catherine manages Procore’s Inbound Sales Team, leading the group as they respond to potential clients who are looking to learn more about Procore and how it can benefit their businesses.
Back to top