VP of Accounting/Corporate Controller
Seeking an experienced public company VP, Accounting/Corporate Controller to lead the Company’s accounting function and build a strong internal control structure in a fast paced, rapidly changing environment. A self-starter, focused on continuous improvement, this individual will have a strong technical accounting background and will be a CPA with significant experience in the SaaS or software industry. Responsible for accounting operations, GAAP compliance, internal reporting, external reporting, and internal controls, this individual will also be heavily involved with managing the external audit relationship. This individual will also be involved with various ad hoc analyses of critical business issues for senior management. This position will report to the CFO and will initially have a team of about 20 professionals.
This position is located at our Headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean (15 minutes south of Santa Barbara).
What you'll do:
- Serve as a strong leader and mentor for the accounting organization.
- Represent the Accounting organization and its cross departmental efforts with elegance and poise while cultivating a culture of “enabling” the organization.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Manage all monthly, quarterly and year-end closings including year-end audit and the preparation of internal and external consolidated financial statements.
- Manage annual audit process and oversee preparation of audited financial statements.
- Partner with FP&A to ensure accurate reported results and forecasts, and provide management with timely financial information for effective strategic decision making.
- Manage all presentation matters for the Audit Committee.
- Oversees all general ledger, accounts payable, payroll and fixed asset activities, ensuring accurate and timely processing of transactions and compliance with internal policies.
- Responsible for all technical accounting including revenue recognition, implementation of new standards and compliance with all relevant existing standards.
- Supports the Company’s tax consultants to oversee the preparation and filing of the various tax returns, quarterly and annual tax provisions, and other tax projects.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, federal and international tax rules and regulations.
- Establish / refine, monitor and enforce appropriate internal controls, policies and procedures, and lead SOX compliance efforts.
- Assess financial systems and process enhancements and drive improvements throughout the accounting organization.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current accounting pronouncements, GAAP and other compliance issues.
- Support international expansion, and oversee accounting and payroll for international subsidiaries.
- Supervise, train, develop and mentor accounting staff.
- Lead and support ad hoc special projects as required.
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance with an Accounting emphasis preferred
- CPA Required
- Expert level knowledge in accounting rules and regulations and in the application of those rules and regulations to a wide range of business activities.
- Thoroughly versed in GAAP, and have strong background in non-routine and complex transactions.
- Minimum of 10 years accounting experience
- 5+ years of Accounting and Finance experience inside a public company, software/SaaS experience preferred.
- Strong leadership skills, high EQ, and proactive problem-solving approach.
- Strong multi-tasking skills; organized and attentive to details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to clearly and concisely interface with all levels of management.
- Collaborative business partner, adept in building cross-functional relationships to drive business results.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Tobi assists a variety of clients—from company owners and engineers to general contractors and architects—in successfully using Procore to increase their efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
Back to top