Staff DBA, Infrastructure Data Services
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Staff Database Administrator to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Staff Database Administrator you will support the Procore application running on over +2300 cloud based systems. You will be the subject matter expert for all things database. You will be responsible for uptime, data integrity, planning, build and running support of the database environment. You will conduct a range of database management work including data refresh, disaster recovery, performance monitoring, self-healing & alerting, and data reporting.
Our team is composed of highly skilled engineers spanning SRE, Security, Data Services and Production Engineering disciplines located in Carpinteria, CA and Austin, TX offices. The Procore’s tech stack consists of: Ruby on Rails, Apache, Nginx, PostgreSQL, AWS.
This position has the opportunity to be located in either Austin, TX or at our headquarters in Santa Barbara/Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work closely with SRE, Security and development teams to ensure database standards are followed and architecture patterns are aligned with the requirements.
- Lead discussions as a subject matter expert and technical expertise
- Hands-on support for all databases including incident triage and root cause analysis
- Managing multiple DBA projects and tasks including on-call participation, planning and change management, detailed runbooks, and documentation
- Effectively prioritize and organize tasks and make business-driven decisions under pressure
- Efficiently execute daily operational tasks including administration, monitoring, triage, query improvements, ad-hoc walk-ups, and project milestones
- Assist in designing, building, troubleshooting databases, digging deep into the root of an issue
- Provide configuration and maintenance support for production and development database environments
- Assist Application Developers with SQL query creation, optimization, tuning, and related database functions
- Generate and maintain scripts to automate common operational and maintenance tasks
- Identify database performance trends and opportunities, and deploy proactive corrective measures to minimize downtime
What we are looking for:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience working within a Cloud infrastructure database environment preferably with Postgres.
- A minimum of a BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience. Preferably an MS in Computer Science
- Database Engineering/Administration or production infrastructure and operations background
- Experience working quickly, efficiently, and with keen attention to detail at a fast-paced company where services are available 24/7/365
- Possess a strong understanding that automation is king, and proactively push boundaries in areas like self-healing conditions and alerts
- Experience with PostgreSQL is desired
- Experience with ETL, data warehouse, and partition experience is desired
- Strong technical hands-on experience in delivering projects
- Possess a natural wonder for technology including AWS and docker and automation apps like Chef/Puppet/Ansible.
- Experience using the following tools is desirable:
- AWS RDS and orchestration tools
- Linux experience related to large Databases, ie; THP experience
- Hashicorp Technologies (Consul, Terraform, Vault, Packer)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Config Management (Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Back to top