Software Engineer (iOS)
Our development team works on the entire tech stack (from low level database operations to front end development) for a large cloud based enterprise application for the construction industry. Engineers work with all of our departments from sales, account management, support and product; with a strong emphasis on the ability to speak with clients to understand user needs. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, ReactJS, PostgreSQL, on Rackspace Private Cloud and AWS. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS, Android, and Windows.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean.
What you'll do:
Procore’s web application is an all-in-one solution for construction project management. Our mobile apps provide access to many of Procore’s tools on iOS and Android. These apps are tailored for use by professionals on the job site.
As an iOS Developer, you’ll help shape our app and develop a rich, mobile-centric user experience. You’ll help build new features and refactor legacy code.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of recent iOS development experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent internship, fellowship, or work experience
- Fluent in Swift
- Understanding of the Cocoa Touch frameworks
- Ability to create beautiful, highly-responsive, and performant user interfaces
- Understanding of concurrency and multithreading
- Comfortable with Git, Agile development, and TDD
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Strong product and customer focus
- Experience working with RESTful APIs, using XML, and JSON
- Experience working with CoreData and CoreGraphics
- Experience with Objective-C
To give you a better idea of what we do, here are some of our current projects:
- Building a drawing comparison tool that leverages CoreImage to help users see changes on new revisions of their drawings
- Partnering with Apple to modernize and promote our application as a top level enterprise solution for construction professionals
- Architecting scalable solutions to sync large amounts of data in a way that supports our users out in the field
- Implementing robust database and networking code that supports our entire team of iOS engineers
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Tobi assists a variety of clients—from company owners and engineers to general contractors and architects—in successfully using Procore to increase their efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
Back to top