Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Procore is seeking to grow it’s Senior Site Reliability Engineer team at our growing Austin, TX office. As a Site Reliability Engineer (SRE) here at Procore you will be part of the overarching DevOps team that encompasses release, operations, security and foundational application challenges for a large cloud-based enterprise application for the construction industry. Within this team, our SRE’s focus on combining core engineering and software development practices to solve operational challenges. More specifically, our SRE’s will work with all of our departments on infrastructure automation, help scale current tools and make tedious process more automated. We aim to optimize performance through out our production systems. Our tools of choice are Ruby on Rails, Bash, Go, Puppet and Terraform to name a few.
What you'll do:
- Work with product teams on design and implementation of large-scale distributed systems.
- Write large scale programs to automate operational tasks.
- Bring ideas to life to help make the lives of engineers better.
- Help our developers with some of their hardest problems.
Some examples of our projects:
- An easy to use chat-based deployment tool with all our patterns baked in
- Command line tool to dissect network capture on a Postgres server for use in debugging and optimization
- Using Terraform + Puppet to easily build out complex cloud environments
- Chat-based incident communication, reporting, and management tool written in Elixir
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in Site Reliability/Dev Ops
- Obsession with automation and instrumentation
- Experience managing large scale cloud-based enterprise infrastructure
- Passion for writing clean, readable, maintainable code, preferably in Ruby, but open to experience with Java, Python or comparable language
- Insatiable knowledge seeker
- Ability to decompose complex systems and discover failure scenarios
Experience in one or more of the following technologies:
- Linux (Debian/Ubuntu a plus)
- MVC Web Frameworks (including Ruby on Rails, Django, Phoenix)
- Webservers (Apache or Nginx)
- Relational Databases (PostgreSQL or MySQL)
- In-Memory Caches (Memcache, Redis)
- Full Text Search (ElasticSearch, Solr)
- Cloud Computing (OpenStack, AWS)
- Config Management (including Puppet, Ansible, Salt)
- Containers and Container Management (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Security Tools (nmap, Burp Suite, Nessus)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top