Senior Security Engineer
We are looking are growing our Security Engineer team to support an ever growing environment. We are looking to hire Senior Security Engineers who want to make Procore a safer platform for our growing customer base around the world. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. You will be responsible for securing the Procore platform and supporting infrastructure.
Our Security Engineers require a strong background in security as it relates to platform infrastructure, application security, and other aspects of network / cloud infrastructure security. You will be part of a team that is directly responsible for security and uptime of platform systems and you must have strong technical hands-on experience in delivering projects.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for candidates to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement tooling to secure self service infrastructure
- Develop new tools to automate security testing/vulnerability detection for the software development lifecycle
- Design and deploy infrastructure for PKI, secrets, secure networking, logging, detection, etc.
- Scope and perform security reviews of web applications, mobile applications, and private and public cloud environments
- Work on complex projects independently and collaborate with a team
- Think like an attacker and solve complex problems
- Pentesting on our platform/apps/infrastructure
- Help harden our infrastructure to avoid exploits and privilege escalation
- Lead security awareness and training with other engineering teams to foster a culture of security on every team
- Train and communicate about vulnerabilities to other developers and team leads
- Identify architectural deficiencies and develop / implement vulnerability mitigation strategies to address them
- Become a foundational member of the Procore security team, setting the course for security within Procore for years to come
- Produce research and collaborate with our peers in the broader cyber-security industry
What we are looking for:
- US Citizen
- 8+ years security related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Hands on experience working with cloud infrastructure, IAM, network and security policies.
- Hands on experience in automating security testing and developing new tools
- 3-5 years of experience in penetrating testing
- Knowledge of project management tasks, experience creating application documentation, and demonstrated ability to train other team members
- Technical Certifications desired are a plus, such as: SANS GIAC, OCSP, CISSP
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top