Senior Manager, Software Engineering - Collaboration
- Austin, TX
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Manager, Software Engineering, to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Senior Manager, Software Engineering in our Collaboration division focused on creating the common flexible core of our future application platform, empowering internal and external teams to more efficiently create and deliver experiences on the Procore Platform. You will be given the unique opportunity to drive the next generation of application platform initiatives in a global SaaS infrastructure. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position will report to our Engineering Director, Software Engineering, with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive excellence and product quality in critical areas of the Procore Platform in our Identity division
- Identify opportunities and manage multiple teams to deliver initiatives successfully
- Work side-by-side with Product and UX teams to build out roadmaps and execution for our permissions team and other areas
- Own the overall success of multiple business domains managing the improvement of functionality, APIs, UX, testing, and performance
- Educate and drive adoption of the core platform areas across the organization wherever and whenever the possibility arises
- Ensure that new and existing products have clearly defined expectations with roadmaps and reporting on them regularly
- Partner with peers and Software Engineering leadership to help set team level goals, objectives, and overall strategies and provide unwavering support for Software Engineers through collaboration, leading reviews of processes, and architecture design
- Mentor, coach, and be a driver for change across your teams and the broader organization
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline is preferred
- 5+ years of combined experience as a Software Engineer
- 7+ years of experience managing teams of varying sizes and across time zones, including at least 5 years supporting production in a Saas multi-tenant environment
- Demonstrated experience leading multiple engineering teams
- Ability to evaluate current technical approaches and champion industry best-of-class technology initiatives
- Demonstrated experience leading/contributing to a large engineering initiative or large technology change
- Experience working collaboratively with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Experience in the following technologies, with demonstrated expertise and the capacity to lead complex technical initiatives in at least one of the related domains:
- Social Networks/Collaborative SaaS
- Collaborative Design Systems
- Familiarity with additional tech stacks, languages, etc. are a plus
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.
Back to top