Senior IT Operations Manager
Procore is seeking a Senior Manager of IT Operations to oversee engineering and operations of collaboration services in the IT Infrastructure organization, including email, calendar, chat, file sharing, conferencing, streaming, network, voice, video, wireless, and audio/visual. The primary objective of the IT Collaboration team is to provide a seamless user experience to our employees that fuels their productivity, teamwork, and innovation. The ideal candidate will be an expert in effectively leading and managing the design, implementation, and operation of large complex collaboration services with a solid understanding of the service lifecycle. This position reports to the Director of IT located in Carpentaria, CA.
This role is responsible for design and execution of a scalable and sustainable IT integration strategy, information strategy, measurement, and reporting. The role will include active business unit engagements to advocate IT positions, influence policy/standards, and support customer requirements.
- Manage a geographically dispersed team, including: holding regular 1:1's, managing individual performance, and inspiring the team to deliver high-quality work.
- Develops and implement strategies to hire, develop, and grow top talent.
- Own the overall collaboration roadmap in partnership with our business stakeholders.
- Drive operational excellence through defined goals, metrics, automation, and process improvement.
- Ensure the successful execution of engineering projects through solid planning, issue resolution, resource management, and swift decision making.
- Deliver projects within committed scope, time, and budget.
- Works closely with other engineering, operations, and support teams to deliver new capabilities and maintain existing services.
- Define team goals, support our team in achieving desired goals, and be accountable for the team performance (quality and quantity).
- Lead the team in developing and maintaining multi-year, technology specific roadmaps aligning with IT, business, and trust objectives.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, partners, and peers.
- Manage vendor relationships and conduct quarterly business reviews.
- Track/approve PTO requests, coordinate team coverage.
- Deliver all services to the field within defined SLAs and quality measurements.
- Ensure requests are responded to within SLAs and that the team is meeting a high level of accuracy.
- Monitor and report variance on production planning, shift schedules, and leave-management to meet key delivery metrics.
- Maintain daily team operations for the assigned services.
- Manage the budget for all collaboration services.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, STEM, IT or related discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of IT work experience, with at least 3+ years of experience in managing medium to large teams or projects, influencing senior level management and key stakeholders.
- Experience with collaboration services and technologies is required.
- Experience managing people, employee career development, team building, and conflict resolution.
- Experience working in an enterprise-level organization with a large and diverse IT environment.
- Experience in process design, organizational transformation, ITIL, Six Sigma, Lean, and/or CMMI.
- Broad technical knowledge of IT Infrastructure services, including productivity, cloud/SaaS, telecom, conferencing, security, directory services, network, systems, storage, databases, and clients.
- Strong organizational and executive communications skills are a must.
- Knowledge of IT governance and operations.
- Ability to make decisions and move forward without complete information.
- Ability to manage the impact of changes in all aspects of the role.
- Must be able to lift over 40 lbs.
- Must be able to read a 14” monitor screen at resolutions of 1024 x 768.
- Requires travel as needed to support other locations and disaster recovery testing.
- Knowledge and experience with API and ETL concepts and tools.
- Experience with Active Directory design, deployment, and management.
- Implementation, integration, and/or administration experience with leading SaaS technologies and platforms, such as G Suite, Zoom, Okta, Slack, Atlassian, Workday, and/or Salesforce.
- Knowledge of and experience with enterprise networking, network security, and managed broadband and telephony services.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top