Senior Engineering Manager, Mobile
As a Senior Engineering Manager you’ll lead the building of both people and product. This is a new role, with a chance to have a wide range of impact across our engineering team. Most of your time will be dedicated to providing professional development and guidance to individual contributors and managers. You’ll also need to provide input, guidance, and mentoring towards technical decision making for our iOS and Android applications.
What you’ll do:
- Directly manage and empower a group of Mobile Engineers and Technical Lead Managers
- Help define and drive the vision for our mobile app and how we build it
- Be the ambassador for the mobile applications across the department
- Enable business initiatives to be met by:
- Making trade-offs that balance business goals against the choice of technology and design patterns
- Aiding in system architecture & design discussions when planning projects
- Coordinating cross-team initiatives
- Contributing to feature implementations
- Helping the team code with performance, scalability, and usability in mind
- Helping the team effectively partner with Product Management and UX
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in mobile development
- 2+ years technical manager and/or team lead
- Familiarity with Swift and/or Java for mobile app development and a passion for the technology
- Experience fostering a strong engineering culture in an agile environment
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- You thrive when developing great people and teams in addition to great products
- Full stack experience with a web MVC framework such as Ruby on Rails
- Collaboration/contributions with the open source community
To give you a better idea of what we do, here are some of our current projects:
- Scalability: If scalability is of interest to you, we have the ultimate challenge. We are looking at taking an existing system and scaling from 2M users to 10M users. We want to work with engineers who are ready to take on that challenge. This is a great chance to work on live, core systems with over a million users.
- New Features: Our mobile apps are central to many interactions on the jobsite. We are constantly working with our customers to improve their experience to make their job safer and more efficient. Our engineering team works hand in hand with Product Managers and Designers to determine what to build - sometimes refining existing capabilities and sometimes creating entirely new tools and features.
- Online/Offline Sync: Our app needs to work at construction sites were they do not always have good connectivity.
- API Design: Our API is used by third parties and by our customers. Our mobile app is often the first consumer of new APIs and frequently takes the lead in defining the capabilities and patterns we want to expose. The mobile engineering manager plays an important role in shaping the API for our internal consumers, but also for the ecosystem at large.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Customer Success Manager
Tobi assists a variety of clients—from company owners and engineers to general contractors and architects—in successfully using Procore to increase their efficiency, productivity, and profitability.
Back to top