Procore is looking for a highly motivated and energetic Senior Accountant to join our team. The position will assume ownership of a wide range of account reconciliations, financial closing activities, and other analysis to support our financial close process. The candidate must have an advanced understanding of financial statements and how they relate to one another. Candidates must also have working knowledge of US GAAP and internal controls.
What you'll do:
- Hands-on involvement with the accounting team on day-to-day, month-end, quarterly, and year-end activities.
- Support the maintenance of the general ledger by researching and preparing journal entries for assigned areas of responsibility
- Reconcile assigned general ledger accounts. Review and research variances.
- Provide analysis and fluctuation variance explanations related to financial statements.
- Manage requests and prepare financial supporting schedules for external auditors.
- Identify and implement best in class processes and procedures
- Work with internal and external parties in resolving accounting issues.
- Proactively identify, develop, and implement process improvements.
- Assist with other ad-hoc or project related responsibilities as needed to support the Finance Department.
What we're looking for:
- 2-4 years of experience in accounting is required
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business with emphasis in accounting is required
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- CPA designation preferred but not required
- Experience with large ERP system(s) preferred
- Large, public company audit experience preferred
- High-tech, start-up and/or rapid growth company experience preferred.
- Ability to multi-task across a broad range of responsibilities and work in a dynamic environment.
- Detail oriented to consistently produce high quality, accurate, and complete work products.
- Must be self-motivated, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and strong analytical skills.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top