R&D Internal Communications Specialist
We’re looking for an R&D Internal Communications Specialist to join our fast-growing, fun company. In this role, you’ll directly support our Director of Internal Communications and will be responsible for supporting the execution of employee communications for the R&D organization that inform, inspire, and fuel employee passion for Procore.
As an R&D Internal Communications Specialist, you’ll develop communications and engagement opportunities that scale the vibrant culture across our growing, global team. You’ll seek out and share the stories that make us who we are and create engaging messages that connect employees to our vision, culture, values, and promises. You’ll have ample opportunity to learn and grow your career while making a major impact on our people, culture and organization. This is a great opportunity to jump in and help us build upon the amazing culture that distinguishes our company.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to R&D internal communications and engagement programs that inspire and connect employees to Procore’s mission, values, culture, and promises
- Participate in the development of R&D specific messaging and communications including developing communication plans, writing and editing blogs, emails, scripts for executives, PowerPoint presentations, managing Town Halls and other communications
- Help communicate the company story with a consistent tone and voice; create communication strategies and plans
- Measure the effectiveness of communications by tracking established benchmarks around employee communications and reporting on results. Examples include views, comments, likes, shares, sentiment, and response from employees
- Partner with team members on the R&D team to develop inspiring messaging around culture initiatives like new hire orientation, employee survey results, and recruiting to help us continue to attract and retain top talent.
- Handle tactical assignments with a sense of urgency, in a fast-paced, nimble environment
- Help ensure employee communications and engagement activities are globally minded, culturally resonant and consistent with Procore’s external communications and brand
What we’re looking for:
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in internal communications or related field
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications or a related field
- Creativity and vision: You can refine complex content and write for impact. You’ve helped execute communications and engagement deliverables that drive business outcomes and inspire employees. You’re innovative and scrappy, and take pride in your ability to turn ideas into reality
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what”. You have superior interpersonal skills and a reputation for building strong relationships up, down and across organizations
- A passion for storytelling: You possess the creativity, curiosity and drive to learn our business, get out and meet employees across the company, dive into our culture, and find, develop and showcase the stories that make us who we are
- Pride in your work: You have strong writing skills and care about correct grammar, spelling, punctuation, and AP-style. You can produce and edit great content and have a portfolio of writing samples to prove it
- Analytical skills: You re able to distill and synthesize complex data and ideas into simple, concise and meaningful information. You have project management experience, are organized, timely, and able to juggle multiple projects at once often with limited guidance
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a fast-paced, , entrepreneurial environment because you see it as an opportunity to learn, grow, and build something great together
- Ability to travel if necessary (less than 10%)
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top