Quality Assurance Engineer (Web)
A Quality Assurance Engineer at Procore tests all parts of the Procore web application to ensure that our product functions properly (this includes both manually testing the application and contributing to automated test suites). This position requires the ability to detect anomalies as well as test complex new features. Candidates will work closely with the Development team and the Product team to develop and assess the best solutions to meet client needs.
Successful candidates will have an eagle-eye attention to detail and experience with documenting process, actions, or reports. Our team is fast-paced, agile, and always working with deadlines so you must be comfortable under pressure! This position requires strong organizational skills and a lot of problem solving – your background should match.
While we do not require candidates to hold a technical degree (Computer Science, Engineering, etc.) or background, applicants should be technically inclined, excited about technology and its applications, or self-described “techies”.
This position is based at our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What You'll Do:
- Attend daily meetings with the Development and Product teams to share personal objectives for the day and discuss pertinent concerns or issues
- Work larger projects: including tracking current progress or issues, designing and executing test plans at different stages of the project, or discussing tasking
- Testing new features and improvements to our Web application, fixes for bugs or user-reported issues
- Contribute to our automated test suite while also manually testing new features and improvements
- Ensure product quality and positive user experience across platforms
- Identify, document, and report bugs in test and production environments
- Create and maintain use cases, test matrices, and regression tests for new and existing features
- Coordinate information and tasks across multiple departments at Procore
- Gain and maintain a thorough and in-depth understanding of the Procore web application
- Facilitate the team’s development cycle (e.g., facilitate communication among team members, assist with sprint planning and backlog prioritization, remove impediments to meeting team goals, keep teams on task).
What we're looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in any field
- Familiarity with SaaS-based products; Previous Web QA experience is a plus
- Familiarity with scripting (Ruby preferred), HTTP protocols, test frameworks
- Communicate effectively (written and verbal) on an individual basis, as well as with larger groups
- Ability to utilize analytical thought processes
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Market Response Group Manager
Catherine manages Procore’s Inbound Sales Team, leading the group as they respond to potential clients who are looking to learn more about Procore and how it can benefit their businesses.
Back to top