Professional Services & Developer Support Engineer
The Professional Services & Developer Support Engineer is responsible for two key functions: to support all developers using the Procore APIs and developing various technical solutions for Procore’s clients. Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) providing technical support and consulting to developers using the Procore API, writing and debugging applications for manipulating data using Procore’s REST web services, developing interfaces with our client’s technologies, expanding our API reporting capabilities. In addition, work will include both internal tool creation for repeatable processes in addition to client-facing projects and custom solutions.
We work closely with R&D teams to improve our API by sharing feedback, engaging in API designs, and testing new features. Our goal is to successfully enable Procore’s transition from Product to Platform by helping third-party developers to efficiently build, deploy, support, and monitor their integrations to redefine the Construction Industry.
The ideal candidate will be highly motivated and have a passion for technology and creative problem solving. If you are self-driven, enjoy working in a team environment, have an entrepreneurial spirit and enjoy creating innovative solutions to complex problems, Procore may be a fit for you.
- Be the primary technical point of contact for developers building on the Procore platform: API capabilities, integrations with internal systems, troubleshooting issues, and more
- Manage technical and product issues and escalations, delivering the highest level of developer satisfaction
- Engage with the product and engineering teams to build, drive and improve our tools, processes, API and developer experience
- Design, develop, test and support data migration utilities that leverage Procore’s REST web services
- Design and Implement client-specific customizations
- Work with various teams in the organization to ensure appropriate project requirements are met.
- Participate in a Technical Services team that is committed to delivering efficient, powerful solutions to customers.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or Physics majors or graduation from Technical School.
- Ability to conduct client-facing communication and is comfortable bringing valuable insights to client meetings
- Minimum 1 years prior experience in a similar role
- General understanding of web services, including transport (primarily HTTP), common data formats (JSON and XML), and standard API patterns (e.g. REST).
- Programming experience with Ruby on Rails and general knowledge of SQL
- Ability to teach other non-technical customers/other team members information about the technical solutions that are developed
Additional desired qualities:
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Ability to improvise, think creatively, and find solutions to challenging problems
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-reliant and motivated self-starter.
- Ability to reason logically and provide innovative solutions.
- Project and task oriented with a focus on details.
- Ability to work well within group or individually on projects.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Market Response Group Manager
Catherine manages Procore’s Inbound Sales Team, leading the group as they respond to potential clients who are looking to learn more about Procore and how it can benefit their businesses.
Back to top