Principal Software Engineer (Frontend)
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Frontend Engineer to join us on our journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Principal Frontend Engineer at Procore, you’re given the unique opportunity to partner intimately with our customer base, translating their fundamental needs into technological SaaS solutions. Backed by the might of our teams, we’ll provide you with the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles.
This position is based in our Austin, TX offices located at the heart of downtown. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to both core initiatives at Procore as well as independent innovative technical projects
- Drive immediate and long-term strategic direction for major parts of the technology stack, identifying critical areas based on future growth, and collaborating with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups to develop roadmaps to attack initiatives
- Use a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities.
- Ability to function as a subject matter expert for all things code, including tools, processes, and procedures to help guide others to create and maintain a healthy code base
- Drive groups of disparate interests to decisions, while clearly communicating and seeing those decisions through to impact.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years experience in Object Oriented Program and/or Functional Programming fundamentals, Test Driven Development and Design principles.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, related field, or equivalent work experience. Masters preferred.
- Track record of anticipating technical problems that will fall out of major projects and designing solutions to overcome those problems
- Demonstrated expertise with building and/or significantly improving large, business-critical systems involving stability, performance, and scalability
- Experience in working and developing RESTful APIs
- Time-honed expertise with modern web development across the entire spectrum of development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- A leader in evaluating industry best-of-class technical approaches
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Back to top