Principal Software Engineer
As part of Procore’s first engineering team in Sydney, you will work with product teams across the world to fine tune and craft an application that functions across international boundaries. You will help to customize our tools to fit local legal and financial requirements, and work in our global cloud infrastructure with regional storage profiles for high performance and accessibility. A large part of your role will be working with remote teams in different countries and time zones with minimal supervision.
You’ll be a part of our growing office in Sydney in the heart of the CBD and will be joining team members from Sales, Customer Success, and Marketing!
What you'll do:
- Collaborate with users, revenue teams, product owners and designers to build fully functional applications
- Make architectural design decisions that improve scalability & performance
- Build products that meet the customer’s needs
- Exercise code reviews & provide constructive feedback
- Effectively collaborate with Product, QA, UX, and other internal groups (both technical and non-technical)
What we're looking for:
- 7-10 years experience in Ruby on Rails, or similar technologies
- Experience in working with asynchronous requests in large scale applications
- Experienced in Agile development and TDD
- Versatility in working across a wide variety of features and modules
- Knowledgeable in SQL (PostgreSQL)
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with Linux, AWS (EC2, S3, etc.), HTML, and CSS
- Understanding of a typical web development lifecycle including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- A self-motivated and business-driven engineer that understands the value and impact of their work as part of the overall business strategy
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.
Back to top