Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (Mobile)
- Flexible / Remote
What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Principal Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
Testing is evolving at Procore and we’re looking for passionate system thinkers to help shape this transformation. As an SDET, you’ll create the tools and systems used to deliver the Procore Platform with quality and velocity. You’ll push our systems to their limits and beyond, improving our Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) automation infrastructure, providing our engineers with the transparency needed to move swiftly and with confidence.
This position will report to a member of our Engineering Management team and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work cross functionally to create the tools and resources needed to achieve extraordinary results that render a significant impact extending beyond the boundaries of traditional engineering roles
- Initiate and lead projects focused on improving the testing infrastructure across R&D
- Mentor junior team members, providing guidance on how to identify opportunities to improve the testing infrastructure
- Make data-driven recommendations to modify testing practices and improve engineering processes
- Own test tooling within CI/CD systems to ensure efficiency and completeness
- Work on complex department initiatives that have impact on R&D efficiency and effectiveness of testing strategies
- Leverage experience to shape testing strategies across the entire R&D organization
What we’re looking for:
- Computer Science degree or comparable understanding of CS fundamentals including data structures, algorithms, databases (operating principles, schema design, and SQL), networking, and security
- 8+ years of experience creating and executing testing strategy for your team or organization
- Experience with multiple performance testing methodologies and ability to select the proper one for the job
- Xcode UI Testing experience or similar iOS testing frameworks
- Experience with Espresso or similar Android testing frameworks
- Automation experience in a distributed/service-oriented architecture environment
- Extensive experience with performance/load testing
- Understanding of iOS/Swift code and Android/Kotlin fundamentals
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.
Back to top