What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As an Engineering Manager, you’ll partner with the Reliability Engineering team, championing solutions to systemic issues affecting every team at Procore. Leveraging our software and systems architecture expertise, you’ll conduct consultative engagements with our service authors to improve our software’s reliability. If you have a passion for leading teams to solve the complex problems that come with running large, highly scalable, resilient systems—we would love for you to join us!
This position will report to our Senior Manager (Embedded SRE) and can be based at any of our US offices or remotely in the US. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Lead a blended team of Reliability Engineers to continually improve the reliability of Procore’s services through engineering and process improvement
- Lead your team to envision, design, and develop solutions in their respective areas with a bias toward reusability, toil reduction, and resiliency
- Mentor and coach team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career growth, and recruit top engineering talent
- Establish relationships and partner with internal customers, peers, and leadership in planning, prioritization, and roadmap development
- Collaborate with your team to improve internal processes and documentation
- Continuously shape and evolve our Reliability Engineering strategy over time
- Facilitate an “open source” mindset and culture both across teams internally and outside of Procore through active participation in and contributions to the greater community
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 8+ years combined experience as a Software, DevOps, or Reliability Engineer with 4+ years of tech lead or management experience
- Demonstrated experience scaling teams and growing engineers
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Experience leading teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Experience leading Agile development teams
- Experience using the following tools is desirable:
- Public could (AWS, CGP)
- Cloud automation tooling (e.g., CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Service Mesh / Discovery Tooling (e.g., Consul, Envoy, Istio, Linkerd)
- Continuous Deployment Tooling (e.g., ArgoCD, Spinnaker)
- AWS or Kubernetes certifications
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.