HR Business Partner
Procore is a rapidly growing, exciting, dynamic and constantly innovative company. Our culture shapes who we are and how we operate. The People Team is looking for a Business Partner who is just as passionate about the culture as they are about the work they are doing in the business. The focus of the job is to assess, build, coach and influence the talent & leaders in the teams you’ll be aligned to. This role requires someone who is willing to take on the extremely fast paced operations found in a hyper-growth company. Our talent approach is to utilize technology, develop strong managers and focus on creating a transparent talent framework that allows our teams to thrive and succeed. The Business Partner is an integral part of the People Team. This role will be a dynamic, hands-on partnership to help us grow our unique, innovative culture while we scale.
Above all, you will provide an example for the team - living our values, understanding how our culture comes to life, and possessing a deep knowledge of the business. This role is unique in the sense that you’ll be working directly with our CTO and VP of Product and will be responsible for partnering on org design, compensation, employee development, ER, and much more. You will provide strategic partnership to the business leaders and the teams you support to enhance the growth and impact of those teams to the business. Most importantly, you will embody the company values of Ownership, Openness, and Optimism through your words and actions.
Job Details and Responsibilities:
- Proactively identify team and organizational needs, evaluate options, and drive and develop solutions; provide tactical support to teams when needed
- Build effective partnerships with org leaders, managers, and individual contributors
- Promote employee understanding and engagement, and ensure ongoing applicable compliance with statutory laws and regulations
- Embody the core values we have as an organization and represent our friendly, genuine and passionate culture by being accessible, proactive, and engaging
- Utilize people metrics to drive key insights and decisions around growth and retention to help support the leadership teams
- Partner with other departments and teams in the organization in order to solidify open communication, consistent collaboration and effective workflow for all operations and strategic purposes
- Partner with Generalists to manage logistics of all employee exits, leaves of absences, and documentation for your business unit
- Address Immigration and mobility needs for individuals within your aligned business unit
- Work closely with leadership and managers on organizational change initiatives, people/performance decisions and actions, talent management development, employee engagement, communication, and program rollouts
- Lead coaching and feedback efforts and make recommendations based on a combination of past experiences and in-depth knowledge
- Assess organizational health and effectiveness on a regular basis and identify opportunities to drive improvements and efficiencies
- Act as a liaison between the People Team, client groups, and other stakeholders, all while positively representing Procore’s values and culture
- Bachelor’s degree plus 7+ years applicable HR Business partner experience is a must
- Proven experience closely partnering with senior leaders within an organization; Engineering org is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to scale processes and organizations in a SaaS and/or technology environment highly desired
- Ability to embed in a business unit and understand how that part of the business is successful and how it interacts with the other business units
- Good judgment, strong business acumen, creative problem solving, effective influencing and leadership skills
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate, consult and influence at all levels, on both strategic and tactical issues
- Team player mentality that can demonstrate expertise in collaboration across People and business teams, regardless of organizational and geographical boundaries
- Hands-on individual, interested in learning and getting involved in all aspects of the Employee experience processes
- Experience using Workday as an HRIS a plus
- Proficiency in iOS/Google products is preferred
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Meet Some of Procore Technologies's Employees
Market Response Group Manager
Catherine manages Procore’s Inbound Sales Team, leading the group as they respond to potential clients who are looking to learn more about Procore and how it can benefit their businesses.
Back to top