As a Financial Analyst, you’ll work with business partners to increase the level of insights we deliver to internal and external stakeholders. The complex models and analyses you build will serve as the basis for recommendations that leaders of the business rely on to make critical tactical and strategic decisions.
This is critical and highly visible role, requiring the ability to develop strong working partnerships with senior business leaders. As a successful Financial Analyst, you have a strong attention to detail, sharp analytical skills, self-motivation, determined work ethic, willingness to roll up your sleeves, and the desire to help build a winning company. You’ll be a member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team and roll up to the Manager of FP&A, Revenue.
Additional Useful/Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in or knowledge of the Software/SaaS business model and landscape
- Interest in the private and public technology markets
- Experience in a financial planning system
- Working knowledge or experience in Salesforce
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Partnerships & Core Functions
- Support functional departments to understand the key drivers, risks and opportunities, and ultimately make better decisions. This role will have a focus on Sales and other revenue-facing departments.
- Assist with revenue forecasting and planning.
- Participate in all financial processes including sales planning & analytics, business development spend management, product development cost analysis, international expansion planning and related forecasting.
- Partner with our Revenue Operations and Data Analytics teams on analyses, especially when there is a financial element involved in the intended outcome.
- Support key decisions (new growth opportunities, market segmentation, infrastructure investment, etc.) by preparing and maintaining various financial models to support tactical and strategic initiatives.
- Assist in the preparation of financial business models used to evaluate investment within various organizational areas.
- Supports strategic planning and decision-making by assisting with identifying and analyzing key business trends, market segments, key customers, etc.
- Define and track KPIs to ensure resources are efficiently allocated and aligned in support of broader business objectives, and make recommendations on process/policy improvements.
- Assist in driving the planning and forecasting process, workforce and expense planning.
- Identify areas of growth and operational efficiency across the business and advise on investment into these areas.
- Proactively flag weaknesses/concerns in your business units to help business leaders make informed operational pivots.
Reporting and Analysis
- Update management reports, board presentations and investor reports. Validate the numbers by understanding the “story” behind them, performing bridge and gap analysis. Provide commentary that helps identify performance drivers and root causes of variances to objectives.
- Prepare and coordinate the monthly variance analysis of actuals, plan and forecast. Translate analyses into easy-to-understand presentations and visualizations.
- Manage real-time dashboard reporting of the key SaaS and financial metrics. This role will focus on Sales and revenue KPIs.
- Help drive initiatives to identify and enhance upstream data collection to improve downstream usage and reporting.
- Perform research and analysis of financial and operational performance for comparable companies as a means of benchmarking.
What we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- 1-2 years of public accounting or investment banking experience
- Exceptional financial modeling skills; expert in defining and guiding the design of data-intensive models from scratch
- Advanced Excel experience/proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to partner with individuals at all levels of the organization
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. To learn more about our team, click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Perks & Benefits:
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, unlimited paid vacation, stock options, employee enrichment and development programs, and friends & family events.
Back to top