What if you could use your technology skills to develop a product that impacts the way communities’ hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Engineering Manager, Cloud Fundamentals to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As Engineering Manager, Cloud Fundamentals at Procore, you will manage a team focused on building a flexible, scalable cloud infrastructure and platforms that reduces friction and facilitate self-service while also providing product development teams with “guardrails” based on industry best practices in a global SaaS infrastructure. We have a lot of work ahead of us on making our engineers’ lives easier and engineering even more reliability into the Procore platforms. We would love for you to join us on this journey!
This position will report to our Senior Engineering Manager, Compute with the opportunity to be located in our Carpinteria, CA headquarters, New York City, or Austin, TX office. Remote candidates will be considered based on experience with the expectation of occasional travel to these offices. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Drive excellence and product quality through a software-defined approach to operations and infrastructure with a focus on security, resiliency, scale, observability, and performance
- Partner with customers, peers, and leadership in planning, prioritization, and roadmap development
- Ensure that new and existing products have clearly defined SLI, SLOs, and SLAs and that we’re measuring and reporting on those metrics
- Own the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall success of the AWS SaaS environment leading the improvement of functionality testing, operability, deployment, and performance
- Identify opportunities for differentiating open-source initiatives and lead the development of new open-source SRE/Infrastructure platform tools
- Mentor and coach team members on a regular basis, help plan and support career growth, and recruit top-tier engineers
- Work side-by-side with product development teams and SRE's to automate and mass-rollout new standardized service platforms for product code
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS degree in Management Information Systems or a related discipline
- 8+ years combined experience as a Software, DevOps, or Reliability Engineer with tech lead or management experience
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed and evaluate current technical approaches to continue to be industry best-of-class
- Experience working with teams, providing mentorship and guidance to improve the overall reliability of the ecosystem
- Experience using the following tools is desirable:
- Public could (AWS, GCP)
- Cloud automation tooling (e.g. CloudFormation, Terraform, Ansible)
- Service Mesh / Discovery Tooling (e.g. Consul, Envoy, Istio, Linkerd)
- Continuous Deployment Tooling (e.g. ArgoCD, Spinnaker)
- AWS or Kubernetes certifications
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, housing complexes, and more. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, CA, with growing offices worldwide. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore!
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: competitive health care plans, flexible paid time off (Procore Values Time), employee enrichment and development programs, and volunteer days.