Senior Content Strategist
Printfly is looking for a Senior Content Strategist!
The Senior Content Strategist oversees all digital marketing content initiatives, both internal and external, across multiple platforms and formats to drive sales, engagement, retention, leads and positive customer behavior.
You must have a proven and successful track record in the designing and delivery of SEO strategies and implementation in fast paced businesses. In addition, you should have had substantial experience working in a managerial position involving a team in, either, an SEO, Content Editing, or Content Marketing capacity. The Senior Content Strategist must have a proven ability to take responsibility and sensibly account for a team's performance.
This individual is an expert in all things related to SEO, content and channel optimization, brand consistency, segmentation and localization, analytics and meaningful measurement.
The position collaborates with corporate communications, marketing, customer service and sales to help define the brand story.
- Provide content strategy and SEO thought leadership, innovation, and process improvement initiatives
- Direct the comprehensive competitive search analysis in order to solidify and regain top organic positioning
- Create and execute SEO Strategies and tactics for core search terms
- Recommend SEO measurements and monitoring methodologies
- Establish workflow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing, and retiring content.
- Lead the development of content initiatives in all forms to drive new and current business. This includes:
- Work with creative director to ensure all content is on-brand, consistent in terms of style, quality and tone of voice, and optimized for search and user experience for all channels of content including online, social media, and email. This is to be done for each buyer persona within the enterprise.
- Mapping out a content strategy that supports and extends marketing initiatives, both short- and long-term, determining which methods work for the brand and why. Continuous evolvement of strategy is a must.
- The development of a functional content calendar throughout the enterprise and defining the owners in each vertical to particular persona groups.
- Supervising writers and content strategists; be an arbiter of best practices in grammar, messaging, writing, and style.
- Integration of content activities within traditional marketing campaigns.
- Conduct ongoing usability tests to gauge content effectiveness.
- Gather data and handle analytics (or be able to interact with those who do) and make recommendations based on those results.
- Work with owners of particular content to revise and measure particular content and marketing goals.
- Develop standards, systems and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation, distribution, maintenance, content retrieval and content repurposing, including the real- time implementation of content strategies.
- Leverage market data to develop content themes/topics and execute a plan to develop the assets that support a point of view and educate customers that leads to critical behavioral metrics.
- Work with technical team to implement appropriate CMS and other technical tools
- Ensure consistent global experience and implement appropriate localization strategies.
- Senior Content Strategist must be able to articulate and communicate the impact that Technical Structure, Aesthetics, Content, Navigation, Information Architecture, Branding/Marketing, Performance, Functionality and ecommerce have on SEO
- BA/BS in Marketing or a related field or equivalent working experience
- Excellent copywriting skills with a high standard of written English
- Experience creating content for the web and growing a social audience
- 7+ years of experience in producing content for the web specifically, as well as channel-specific knowledge
- Past experience building audiences online
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Strong independent decision-making, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills and understanding how to manage the priorities of multiple stakeholders in a complex environment and focus on the delivery of results in the form of engagement, leads and sales
Back to top