Winter Intern - Business Analyst
Priceline is looking for a winter intern that wants to become a true negotiator! Our fun filled team is never afraid to tackle even the biggest analytical challenges, and we’re looking for some help this winter.
This internship offers the opportunity to be part Priceline’s hotel analytics team. In this role, you will not only get the unique experience to develop a deep understanding of the OTA/hotel relationship, but also gain insight into the overall marketplace for OTA’s. You will assist hotels with getting the most out of Priceline’s hotel programs and have an opportunity to learn competitive strategy first hand. Finally, we like to enjoy ourselves in the process. We are no stranger to a water balloon toss or dart gun fight!
This position is part of the priceline.com reporting and analytics department focusing on the hotel division. The role offers an intern the unique opportunity to work with and gain exposure across multiple businesses functions and interacts with all layers throughout the organization.
You will walk away with the experience of a lifetime – not only will you gaining firsthand experience with advanced analytical tools, but we’ll also provide you the opportunity to make a real life difference in our company that will set you up for success in the future.
You won’t be getting us coffee, or monitoring your Instagram accounts to pass the time. You will be developing a valuable skillset that will set you apart from everyone else, and that will prove to be invaluable when you’re interviewing for your future career dream jobs.
- Manage, update, and create hotel and market specific reporting and metrics – in particular as it relates to competitiveness
- Create internal dashboards that help identify opportunities for suppliers and drive room night growth by delivering actionable insights to the sales team
- Drive competitiveness by identifying gaps in inventory and pricing opportunities for signed in users
- Gather deep insights into markets and supplier behavior by using advanced analytical and reporting tools
- Build external email communication to provide insights to the hotel partners
- Must be organized, positive, proactive, results-oriented, with excellent oral and written communication, presentation, and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical ability and proficiency in MS Access, Excel. Prior experience with SQL / Tableau/ VBA is preferred. Experience with R/Hadoop is desired
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic and lean corporate environment
- Ability to thrive in a culture of hands-on fast paced business operations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well within a team
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top