Priceline.com is looking for a Tax Analyst to join its Finance Operations team. The Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that transaction taxes are calculated, remitted and reported in a timely manner for its Travel Product Portfolio.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Efficiently, timely, and accurately prepare/review transaction tax returns, including processing of payments and filing.
• Complete any additional steps required for remittance such as requesting checks, obtaining appropriate signatures, assembling and storing documentation, tracking mailing receipts.
• Quality assurance of Tax Fillings for completeness and accuracy.
• Prepare and analyze excel based reports and reports from our ERP systems.
• Assist and conduct analysis to support tax reporting and resolution of tax variances.
• Prepare and provide documentation required by auditors and notices.
• Research and determine taxing jurisdictions, tax rates, tax forms.
• Maintain master list of tax jurisdictions and assist with registration in each jurisdiction.
• Interpret filing instructions and other required information from state, county or local government entities when new tax legislation is passed.
• Develop communication channel in each jurisdiction to receive rate changes.
• Communicate with extensive list of hotels on tax related issues which may arise.
• Track and research delivery and fulfillment issues, in particular around payments by credit cards.
• Work with tax jurisdictions or hotel partners to resolve open payment issues.
• Assist in the documentation of requirements related to tax reporting needs, changes to tax technology systems, and new processes.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or Similar
• Experience with Oracle, SAP or other large AP systems desired
• 2+ years experience in a similar role
•Intermediate Proficiency with MS Word and MS Excel
•Responsible, capable of meeting fixed deadlines for tax filings.
•Ability to understand legal and jurisdictional tax requirements.
•Able to follow instructions on tax forms and cross-check final calculations.
•Strong Organizational skills.
•Excellent communication skills (both written and oral) in order to interface with internal teams and external partners
Back to top