Senior Visual Designer
Senior Visual Designer
Priceline.com, the leading online destination for smart travelers, is seeking an intelligent, motivated full-time front end developer to join our growing team. Our creative, flexible company culture merges the agility of a start-up with the stability of an established, international public company.
Do you enjoy travel but hate the current travel planning and buying process? Are you relentlessly curious and seem to ask "Why?" more than any other question? Do you constantly dissect the most mundane of processes to see how they may be improved? You've asked "Why isn't our desktop experience the same as the mobile web experience"?
If you answered "Yes" to all of the above, we want to say "Hi"!
Priceline.com is seeking a senior visual designer for our NYC office to help set the tone and visual language of the products millions use to find and book travel. The visual designer develops and defines the rules around iconography, color, and type, believing that regardless of how small the update, they always have the power to engage and excite the end user. They consider the end-to-end consumption of their work and push to continually elevate our design systems, while working directly with other designers, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities:
- Make our product experiences awesome
- Expand and grow the Priceline.com visual language
- Develop, guide, and evangelize shared UI toolkit across all customer channels
- Maintain consistent application of toolkit across products
- Tap into consumer insights to drive compelling, on brand experiences
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to concept and iterate new products and enhancements
- Effectively convey concepts through an array of sketches, prototypes, style tiles, animations, and/or comps
- Leverage data to make informed design decisions
- Iterate during live consumer feedback sessions
- Vocalize design rationale without subjectivity
- Proactively identify and drive better ways to communicate design throughout company
- 5+ years of product design experience
- Understanding of how best to articulate ideas and concepts to range of peers and stakeholders
- Can export native app assets in multiple resolutions with a single button press
- Has a smartphone (we're throwing you a bone, here)
- You have an amazing portfolio of work and love to show it off
If you're experienced in HTML, CSS, and/or jQuery, you get an asterisk next to your name (and the footnote says "you rock")!
A portfolio link must accompany your resume for consideration.
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top