Senior GIS Analyst
Are you interested in helping launch one of priceline.com’s newest strategic initiatives? Analytics is revolutionizing many areas of business, and the management of our geography is no exception.
In joining the global GIS team, you’ll also gain valuable experiences and a wealth of knowledge by working across capabilities, service offerings, sectors and geographies. So whenever you join, the exceptional priceline.com experience lasts a lifetime.
Specific examples of work include the following: predicting which potential neighborhood combinations are most likely to succeed as cities, identifying the most effective interventions to retain high performers, ensuring proper coverage for all demographics and developing custom analytic solutions for unique customer challenges. In the end it’s about providing the best customer experience.
At priceline.com, you will be a key part of a nimble, high-energy team while launching products with the support and resources of a global organization. You will have the opportunity to apply and develop your most advanced skills every day. You will play an important role in helping us to develop new Geographic Information Systems (GIS) services and reinvent existing services with embedded analytics. You will also have the opportunity to influence business strategy and interact with senior executives.
In this role, you should be able to work independently, show a willingness to take the initiative and be comfortable sharing your knowledge with the team. You will need an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong work ethic and a passion for data.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven analyst, who loves geography and who has a track record of crafting complex analyses, developing reporting, and creative problem solving. They should be able to define and drive long-term processes and strategies for the evaluation geographies. Proven analytical thinking, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. They are an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
Developing new analytic tools to transform our geography management practices and sharpen existing GIS tools with advanced analytic techniques.
Bringing to our team a passion for data analysis and a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A Master’s degree in analytics, economics, statistics, operations research, computer science or a related field
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for communicating analytical insights graphically
- The ability to quickly learn new technical tools and share your knowledge
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: R, Stata, Python, Tableau, SQL/SSIS
- Experience with the following is a plus: analysis of unstructured text data, social network analysis, GIS analysis
- Angular, Node, React experience is a plus but not required
- ESRI and Hadoop experience also a plus
Back to top