15+ years ago, priceline.com transformed the travel space. Now, we are building a new team to transform how we work and how we develop products. We are looking for a Scrum Master to implement our Agile & Scrum practices and help teams evolve their development processes. The ideal candidate will bring deep experience and a collaborative attitude. She/He will utilize the Agile/Scrum process to enable us to increase velocity, increase visibility, and improve quality throughout our organization. This position will lead teams at varied levels of maturity. Our group is poised to drive dramatic change within the organization so a successful candidate must be hungry to learn and hungry to teach.Responsibilities
- Act as a mentor to ensure development teams work toward core the Scrum principles of collaboration, prioritization, team accountability, and visibility
- Coordinate scrum rituals: stand-ups, backlog grooming, estimation, sprint and release planning, demos, and scrum-of-scrums, and retrospectives
- Monitor and communicate key Agile performance metrics: burn-down, burn-up, cumulative flow, velocity
- Train development teams in all aspects of the standard Agile/Scrum process
- Engage stakeholders to ensure alignment, visibility, and transparency
- Foster a collaborative, cross-functional environment in which to build great products, solve customer needs, and continuously improve
- Manage projects in JIRA and Confluence and drive the development and maintenance of tools, measurement, and best practices within the company.
- Proficiency with Lean Agile methodology and the Scrum software development methodology, values, and procedures
- 3+ years of experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Project Manager for multiple software development teams, supporting Lean methodologies and practices like iteration planning, release planning, prototyping, retrospectives, continuous delivery, and behavior-driven development
- Deep with JIRA, Confluence, and the rest of the Atlassian suite and using JIRA's Agile performance metrics to drive accountability and continuous improvement
- Have used Atlassian's toolset to foster fostering organizational changes and implement agile processes throughout multiple disciplines (software development, QA, marketing, networking, devops, customer service, help-desk) and industries.
- A belief that Agile fosters open team communication, transparency, and the ability to make honest project decisions
- A belief that Agile enables individuals to more fully understand, participate, and engage in business objectives
- A deep understanding of MVP and the ability to guide priceline.com through the pitfalls of process versus flexibility
- Experience managing software development efforts for large scale web applications using Agile and Lean methodologies with in-house and outsourced teams.
- Ability to understand technical issues at a intermediate to high level.
- Comfortable working with geographically distributed teams (off-site team members and local team members).
- One or more Agile certifications (e.g., CSM, CSPO, CSP, PSM, PSPO). SAFe certifications (SA, SP, SPC) is a plus
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or a related discipline
- Master’s degree in computer science or related discipline is a plus
- The cycle time of your teams will decrease (and quality will increase).
- Product deliveries and performance will be predictable and thoroughly understood by stakeholders.
- Your internal customers will consider you a strategic partner.
- Your stakeholders and team will see you as an invaluable resource in their day-to-day work.
- Your peers will view you as a teacher and someone who emotionally evangelizes Agile methodologies.
Specialties: Agile, Scrum, Lean/Agile, Team Building, Agile Coaching and Scaled Agile Framework, Minimum Viable Product, Atlassian JIRA / Confluence / Agile / Service Desk
Back to top