“Do you like to crack codes?, is your goal in life to create the next revolution of computing, do you want to see the efforts of your work at scale?
Then Priceline.com has a job for you.
Priceline.com software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how millions of users research, explore, and make decisions on how they travel. Our ambitions reach far beyond just booking travel. Our products need to handle information at the scale of the web. We're looking for ideas from every area of computer science, including information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, and user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day.
We are a fast-paced business and are growing and evolving daily. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to tackle new problems as we continue to push technology forward.
As a key member this versatile team, you will design, test, deploy and maintain software solutions.
The role spans the full spectrum of the data analytics workflow and the full software development stack. We are constantly looking to push the envelope on intuitive high-performance data analytics, leveraging leading-edge storage & query execution engines. You will see the impact of your work immediately as we ship things quickly, with a focus on continuous integration, regression testing, and continuous deployment. Given the heavy amount of experimentation and compressed product lifecycles, the role requires a passion for getting hands-on with data, an obsession with performance & utilization metrics, and a rigorous attention to detail.
- Data curation & analysis leveraging JAVA modules including:
- Back-end development around technologies including Apache Spark, Impala, Kylin and similar emergent fast-OLAP systems,
- A high impact role that works directly with data scientists, engineers, and quantitative analysts;
- Exposure to deep technical problems, production pipelines, data science, and financial concepts spanning global Equities & Macro instruments.
Experience in distributed computing or front-end development / visualizations a plus.
In this role you’ll be developing technology that will significantly enhance the efficiency of both our research platform and production processes. You’ll have the chance to wear many hats and grow your skill sets, as you work closely with colleagues of diverse roles to drive requirements, implement high-quality solutions, present your work, and brainstorm the next generation of improvements. Most of the work has been in the back-end, but we’re looking for people who want to work on the full stack and are interested in understanding the business in addition to tackling interesting technology challenges.
At Priceline.com, engineers not only revolutionize travel, they routinely work on massive scalability artificial intelligence models. Priceline.com engineers are changing the world of travel one technological achievement after another.
- Write server-side code for web-based applications. Must be excellent in Java.
- Develop prototypes quickly and create robust high-volume production applications.
- Develop and implement high volume AI models
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
- Large scale systems design experience with knowledge of Unix/Linux.
- Programming experience in all the following: C/C++, Java, Python
- A solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures,algorithms, and software design.
- Research experience in Algorithms, Architecture, Artificial Intelligence, Compilers,Database, Data Mining, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning, PCA Networking, or Systems.
Back to top