Manager, Market Development - Dallas, Texas
Priceline.com is seeking a goal-oriented travel industry professional who has a passion for travel to assume the role of Manager, Market Development (MMD). The MMD will be responsible for aggressively growing Priceline's hotel supply, revenue and profitability for all Priceline programs in assigned markets. Individual must be a strategic, organized, competitive, self-starter who is driven to succeed and can manage multiple priorities with minimal supervision.
Be part of a great sales team with direct responsibility to own key markets for priceline.com. We seek sales managers with strong local market knowledge and excellent hotel industry experience.
Home base preferred to be in the Dallas area.
- Build strong supplier relationships and convincingly explain the strategic benefits of the Priceline programs (opaque, merchant and vacation packages) to grow bookings, revenues and gross profit in assigned markets
- Swiftly identify, prioritize, negotiate, contract and onboard non-participatory hotels
- Conduct ongoing reviews of production with participating hotels and continually present strategic recommendations using a consultative approach to optimize hotel conversion and assist partner hotels in maximizing their RevPAR via the Priceline programs
- Use out-of-the-box thinking to develop and implement solutions to unique challenges
- Full accountability for the success of assigned markets while also having full autonomy to manage all aspects of these markets including mapping, star-rating, etc.
- Routinely exercise independent discretion and key decision-making to determine market approach and opportunities for hotel supply
- Assist in creating overall strategies for hotel programs by providing market specific information to Priceline senior management
- Maintain knowledge of key events in assigned markets and their impact on hotel availability
- Research and troubleshoot rate and availability issues preventing hotels from maximizing booking performance; e.g., problems with connectivity, rate mapping, extranet management, etc.
- Ensure hotels in assigned regions implement appropriate Priceline customer procedures
Back to top