Manager, Learning & Development
Based at The Priceline Group’s headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut and reporting to the VP, HR, the role of Manager, Learning & Development will encompass five main areas of focus, including women’s leadership development, succession planning, diversity, mobility and corporate staff development, but may also include other L&D/HR related initiatives/programs, and other tasks as assigned.
The Manager, Learning and Development is responsible for consulting with internal stakeholders to manage projects and initiatives, partnering with external vendor partners as needed and developing programs that meet and/or accelerate business objectives. This role is responsible for management of small-to large-scale projects throughout the entire project lifecycle, from scoping, planning and analysis through implementing and measuring business impact.
Women’s Leadership Development
- Manage the existing Priceline Group Women in Leadership Program
- Program runs 12 months (Sept-Sept) and currently includes 30 women across four of our six brands; it consists of an in-person summit, ongoing peer groups, mentoring, fire side chats, learning missions, a regional wrap up event and alumni events
- Partner with, and manage, third party vendor to facilitate the program
- Track, analyze and report on key program metrics
- Manage annual succession planning process for senior leadership across the Group
- Review and update succession planning processes / templates
- Identify top talent among the brands and assess against leadership competencies in order to identify cross brand succession potential
- Review the succession plan bi-annually and or with key executive changes, collaborating closely with brand HR heads
- Identify and action opportunities for brands to collaborate on reinforcing and retaining the talent pipeline
- Collect and analyze brand data and report on diversity state/brand activities each quarter
- Identify and coordinate key opportunities for brands to collaborate on their positioning as an employer of choice (e.g., Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Tech); track program metrics and report out
- Support gender pay equity initiative across the Group
- Maintain intra-brand mobility framework and track mobility cases across the Group
- Review and update intra-brand mobility guidance and develop FAQ with brands
- Build successful mobility business cases based on organic employee initiated transfer activity
Priceline Group Corporate Staff Development (for 50 people in Corporate entity)
- Succession planning for senior executives (VP+)
- Identify needs and match staff with appropriate trainings/courses
- Design and manage onsite local programs (e.g., Quarterly Business Review recap, lunch & learns, etc.)
- Facilitate time in brand opportunities (e.g., mini rotations in finance during financial close)
- Organize staff participation in existing brand L&D programs (on limited basis)
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree or beyond in HR, General Studies, Labor Relations, Organizational Development/Design or other business degree, or equivalent work experience
- 4-6 years’ experience in Learning and Development function
- Demonstrated program design and management experience
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong analytical, quantitative, organizational and project management skills
- Significant experience utilizing Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, utilizing tact and diplomacy
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with complete discretion
- The position will have a fairly high level of visibility within the organization and candidate must be comfortable interfacing with C-Suite and senior level employees
- Candidate should possess the ability and desire to scale with the role as scope expands and the organization grows
Personal Attributes and Values
- Culture fit: The Priceline Group is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving – whether through acquisition or innovation. This person brings the same energy and enthusiasm to work every day and is always ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Able to establish a relationship of trust and collaboration with colleagues while presenting a sense of shared mission.
- Decisive in complex situations; has sufficient maturity and experience to recognize and react quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Smart, collaborative and able to communicate clearly to explain or support an initiative or program.
- This individual must demonstrate a high level of intellect, passion, drive and energy, along with a sense of ownership for the processes and content of the role.
Back to top