Do you enjoy travel but hate the current travel planning and buying process? Are you relentlessly curious and seem to ask "Why?" more than any other question? Do you constantly dissect the most mundane of processes to see how they may be improved? You've asked "Why isn't our desktop experience the same as the mobile web experience"?
If you answered "Yes" to all of the above, we want to say "Hi"!
Priceline.com is seeking an interaction designer for our NYC office to guide the experience and flows of the products millions use to find and book travel. The interaction designer works directly with our customers to ensure their solutions meet user’s needs and successfully address business goals. They consider the end-to-end consumption of their work and push to continually elevate our design systems, while working directly with other designers, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities:
- Make our product experiences awesome
- Work with product managers to identify key initiatives
- Tap into consumer insights to drive compelling experiences
- Challenge working teams to strive for new solutions to persistent problems
- Lead collaborative sessions to identify and solve key problem statements
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to concept and iterate new products and enhancements
- Effectively convey concepts through an array of sketches, prototypes, wires, animations, and/or flows
- Leverage data to make informed design decisions
- Iterate solutions to streamline and identify more effective paths to success
- Conduct user research and testing activities
- Vocalize design rationale without subjectivity
- Proactively identify and drive better ways to communicate design throughout company
- 2-3 years of product design experience
- Understanding of how best to articulate ideas and concepts to range of peers and stakeholders
- Thrives in a culture steeped in A/B testing
- Knows when to grab numbers and when to reach for verbatims
- You have an amazing portfolio of work and love to show it off
If you're experienced in HTML, CSS, and/or jQuery, you get an asterisk next to your name (and the footnote says "you rock")!
A portfolio link must accompany your resume for consideration.
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top