GIS Data Scientist
Specific examples of work include the following: predicting which potential neighborhood combinations are most likely to succeed as cities, identifying the most effective interventions to retain high performers, ensuring proper coverage for all demographics and developing custom analytic solutions for unique customer challenges. In the end it’s about providing the best customer experience.
At Priceline.com, you will be a key part of a nimble, high-energy team while launching products with the support and resources of a global organization. You will have the opportunity to apply and develop your most advanced skills every day. You will play an important role in helping us to develop new GIS services and reinvent existing services with embedded analytics. You will also have the opportunity to influence business strategy and interact with senior executives.
In this role, you should be able to work independently, show a willingness to take the initiative and be comfortable sharing your knowledge with the team. You will need an entrepreneurial spirit, a strong work ethic and a passion for data.
The ideal candidate is a self-driven analyst, who loves geography and who has a track record of crafting complex analyses, developing reporting, and creative problem solving. They should be able to define and drive long-term processes and strategies for the evaluation geographies. Proven analytical thinking, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills are musts. They are an effective leader and communicator and a seasoned problem-solver.
Developing new analytic tools to transform our geography management practices and sharpen existing GIS tools with advanced analytic techniques.
Bringing to our team a passion for data analysis and a willingness to learn and share knowledge.
To qualify, candidates must have:
- A Master’s degree in analytics, economics, statistics, operations research, computer science or a related field
- Strong quantitative and qualitative skills and analytical ability
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- A passion for communicating analytical insights graphically
- The ability to quickly learn new technical tools and share your knowledge
- Proficiency with at least one of the following: R, Stata, Python, Tableau, SQL/SSIS
- Experience with the following is a plus: analysis of unstructured text data, social network analysis, GIS analysis
Angular, Node, React experience is a plus but not required
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top