Director / Sr. Director of Product, Rental Cars
Priceline.com is seeking a passionate, superstar Product Director to lead the reinvention and growth, including international expansion, of our Rental Cars Product Line. As overall Product Owner, you will build a deep understanding of our rental cars business, the product offering, and the needs of the consumer base.
Candidates must be innovative, able to craft a vision, define products, and thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We aim to release products often with constant iteration and reliance on quantitative and qualitative metrics to help define further optimizations and enhancements.
If you love leading small, cross-functional, agile product teams and are you fluent in analytics driven decision including A/B testing, plus experience and passion for measuring, understanding, and driving e-commerce growth, than come join one of the internet’s original brands, priceline.com, and help our millions of customers find the best deals on travel, anywhere, any time, on any screen.
This role can be based in our New York City office or from our Norwalk, CT office. Some travel between the two locations can be expected.
What you’ll do:
- Forecast and analysis of internal and external data to influence decision-making at the highest levels of the company.
- Lead team in developing requirements, specifications, and enhancements to priceline.com's suite of Rental Car products.
- Manage an elite team of product management professionals.
- Build and maintain up to date industry knowledge, performing extensive research to completely understand how our product offering stacks up against other options bookers have.
- Live in the data, and believe the best way to democratize product decisions is querying the database for insights, building ad-hoc reports as well as using our A/B testing framework.
- Lead cross-functional teams, serving as product and part project manager, to establish milestones and manage development and QA efforts.
- Provide detailed consultation to internal sales and 3rd party partners to determine integration/interface requirements as needed.
- Automate as much as possible, and develop scalable processes in a high volume environment.
What we seek:
- 9+ years of Product Management Experience, in an online, highly scaled team, preferably in an e-commerce or other highly visible company
- 4+ years successfully managing and mentoring a team of product managers
- Experience managing multiple scrum teams
- A desire to work in a fast-paced, results-driven environment with varied responsibilities
- High attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage multiple projects at a time. Successfully able to meet deadlines.
- Strong customer-centric communication skills. Ability to communicate to both business and technical personnel. Displays ‘grace under pressure’ ethic at all times, with both customers and peers
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision making skills. Able to interpret data and trends, diagnose problems, and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to resolve issues
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be great team player that works well in collaborative and multi-cultural situations
- BS/BA required; MBA a plus.
Back to top