Director, Internal Audit
Based at the Headquarters in Norwalk, Connecticut and reporting to Chief Audit Officer, the role of Director Internal Audit will include the following:
- Recruiting, developing and leading the Internal Audit team members based in the US
- Participating in development of the annual audit plan
- Contributing to further develop the Internal Audit function in The Priceline Group
- Building relationships with senior management across The Priceline Group and acting as an ambassador for the Internal Audit function
- Providing added value to the business by identifying opportunities to improve and drive positive change in governance, risk management and internal controls
- Managing the SOX compliance testing for the US brands
- Taking the lead in the risk management process in the US
- Preparing, scoping, planning, managing and executing internal audit activities
- Communicating audit results to management, external auditors and Audit Committee
- Up to 10% travel
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree, preferably in Accounting or Finance
- CA/CPA or equivalent designation highly desirable
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation highly desirable
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience working in a Big 4 accounting firm and/or Internal Audit functions at listed companies
- Experience with US GAAP, PCAOB, SOX and SEC requirements
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills, ability to communicate at all levels of the business
- Hands on, result oriented team player
- International mindset and experience to work effectively with team members and colleagues around the world
- Affinity and experience with corporate governance in a ‘high exposure environment’
- Excellent audit report writing and oral communication skills
- Strong skills in negotiating, relationship building, problem solving, and timely problem escalation
- Strong analytical skills
- Embrace rapid change and displays a high degree of flexibility
- Good understanding of IT environments and related risks
- Detail oriented but able to quickly grasp the bigger picture
Personal Attributes and Values:
- Culture fit: The Priceline Group is energetic, fast-paced and always evolving – whether through acquisition or innovation. This person brings the same energy and enthusiasm to work every day and is always ready to roll up their sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Delivers Results: Must have a strong competitive drive, the ability to motivate and deliver.
- Able to establish a relationship of trust and collaboration with colleagues while presenting a sense of shared mission.
- Decisive in complex situations; has sufficient maturity and experience to recognize and react quickly to unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Smart, collaborative and able to communicate clearly to explain or support a position or problem.
- Integer and objective, showing the highest level of professionalism and confidentiality.
The candidate will be expected to bring experience of operating in a fast moving, performance-oriented environment where the pace and expectations are high. This individual must demonstrate a high level of intellect, passion, drive and energy, along with a sense of ownership for the processes and content of the role.
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top