Director, Contact Center Operations
Priceline is looking for a highly motivated and positive individual with deep experience in managing and growing contact centers.
The Director of Contact Center Operations reports directly to the SVP, Customer Care.
This position is responsible to drive performance by holding our global vendors accountable and partnering with others to achieve a desired customer experience. Primary responsibility includes the management of contact channel (voice, chat, social and email) functions handled by outsource vendors for Priceline.com while ensuring an efficient and cost effective operation that offers a high level of customer experience in a 24/7 environment.
Key relationships are with the Outsourcing Partner and Customer Care support teams (Product Experience, Innovation & Analysis, Learning & Development). This is inclusive of partnering with the reporting team to manage the daily operation; be proactive with others to develop and implement innovations and enhancements to existing processes and procedures; and solidifying effective customer experience and relationships with the outsourcers.
Strategic Planning– Participate in Strategic and Operational Planning and execute on these plans to achieve and enhance profitability, productivity, customer satisfaction and efficiency throughout contact center operations. Collaborate to ensure that contact center operational goals / priorities are aligned with all functions:
- Resource Planning & Management
- Learning, Development & Performance
- IT and Telecom
- Finance / KPI’s
Outsource Vendor Management - Direct, develop, oversee and assess total job performance of the outsource vendors. This includes but is not limited to, developing specific outsource location action plans, meetings, proactive communications and support to ensure their effective delivery of all KPI’s outlined in the Statement of Work and report evaluation for performance trends through scorecards and continuous improvement.
Learning & Development Support – Collaborate with the L&D team and actively participate in calibration sessions, listening to calls to validate/align QA scoring with outsource vendor to aid in the consistent delivery of outstanding customer experiences by identifying trends and training opportunities.
Analysis and Reporting - Create and manage statistical reports as well as process improvements that can meet and exceed customer experience and revenue targets. Be an active leader and/or participant on system/process projects. Proactively analyze, develop and utilize tools to achieve overall department success.
Financial – Achieve operational goals within budget by managing and controlling all variable and fixed expenses through the utilization of effective tools/methods that enhance the outsourcer’s performance. Goals can include revenue targets, first call resolution/transfers, adherence customer focus, variable costs per contact (call/chat/social/email). Additional financial responsibilities include managing / processing vendor invoicing and payment.
Priceline Partner Engagement – Ensure all partners/clients receive equal service and satisfaction through professional and supportive interactions and effective resolution of escalated issues. This includes the resolution of guest issues within a timely manner as well as ensuring all test call feedback is provided and appropriate recognition is delivered. Manage all partners/clients visits to the outsource vendor locations ensuring proactive communication and quality service is provided.
- Operations / Call Center Management
- Relationship Building with onsite and remote partners
- Problem Solving
- Elevated Decision Making
- Escalated Problem Resolution
- Business and Organization Aptitude
- Change Management
- Team Management and Development
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement
- Fiscal and Revenue Management (budget, forecast and plan effectively for future growth)
- Minimum 7+ years in a Senior leadership role with over 1MM annual contacts leveraging multiple communication channels (phone, chat, social, email, etc)
- Prior Operations / Call Center Management experience is required
- Previous experience in the travel / hospitality industry considered an asset
- Project Management / Six Sigma experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated people management skills which have successfully motivated and enhance personal performance and development
- Highly developed communication with a demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic, continual evolving environment
- Hands on experience with contact center workflow, phone queue management.
- Knowledgeable on contact center technology such as IVR and Live Chat
- Solid knowledge of business/operational practices and procedures
- Solid analytical skills which result in sound decisions, solutions and recommendations
- Must possess excellent customer service, follow up and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to operate successfully in a time-sensitive and fast-paced environment
- Stay abreast of industry standards, monitors and reviews best practices, and makes changes as necessary
- Ability to leap tall buildings in a single bound
Meet Some of priceline.com's Employees
Senior Director, Engineering
Imran leads a team of engineers that builds and maintains priceline.com's Packages API—powering priceline.com’s web and mobile systems for its airlines and vacation packages products.
Back to top