Associate - Corporate Development (M&A)
The Priceline Group, a fast growing, highly profitable global online travel company is looking to hire an Associate to join its Corporate Development group.
The individual will be an integral part of a small team that identifies, evaluates and executes acquisitions and venture investments for The Priceline Group on a global basis. The Corporate Development group is very active and has been responsible for the acquisitions that now provide over 90% of the company’s operating income. Noted transactions in prior years include: OpenTable, KAYAK, TravelJigsaw (now rentalcars.com), Agoda.com, Active Hotels and Booking.com.
The Priceline Group Inc. (NASDAQ: PCLN) is a $60+ billion market cap, S&P 100 company that operates in over 200 countries. It has grown its employee base from less than 700 in the first quarter of 2007, to over 16,000 today. It was ranked as one of the top 20 most innovative companies in the world by Forbes.
- Developing detailed financial and valuation models
- Coordinating and conducting business due diligence
- Performing industry research and strategic analyses
- Preparing presentations for senior management and the board of directors
- Updating industry and valuation databases
- Ad-hoc analyses for senior management
- Deep understanding of finance and accounting
- Strong financial modeling and valuation skills
- Track record of defining and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Ability to see the “Big Picture”; Understand, at a macro level, the key drivers and risks of a business and/or industry
- Experience communicating complex information to senior leaders
- Experience creating power point presentations for senior executives
- Demonstrated experience working in a team environment
- Willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- High level of energy and maturity
- Fluent in multiple languages a plus
- 2+ years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or corporate M&A
- Bachelors degree from a top-tier university
- MBA or Masters a plus, but not required
Back to top