Based in Norwalk Connecticut and reporting to the SVP, Corporate Controller, the Assistant Controller of the Priceline Group will oversee worldwide consolidation and reporting for the Group’s independently managed global brands. This position includes oversight of the Consolidation & Reporting, Hyperion Financials and Corporate accounting teams with strong interaction with SEC reporting/Technical accounting, Tax, FP&A, Internal Audit and our external auditor, Deloitte and Touche.
- Take ownership of the financial consolidation and reporting of the Group’s global brands, ensuring proper translation into U.S. dollar, as well as elimination of intercompany activity.
- Develop a deep understanding of the business aspects and accounting, at each of the Group’s brands, to ensure proper application of U.S. GAAP, as well as complying with the Priceline Group accounting policies and consistent GL mapping into our consolidated financial statements.
- Maintain and update as needed, the entity structure, chart of accounts and other report building blocks to ensure reporting is scalable, formalized, accurate and meets the needs of all stakeholders.
- Oversee the preparation of quarterly Audit Committee exhibits, Priceline Group’s quarterly earnings press release, including GAAP to Non-GAAP calculations/reconciliations, GAAP guidance and Corporate forecast.
- Ensure appropriate internal controls around accounting and reporting are established, documented and being followed in key areas at Corporate, as well as the other brands.
- Work closely with technical accounting and SEC reporting team to ensure correct and consistent accounting/reporting across brands, identify issues before they rise to a significant level and assist in the application of new accounting guidance.
- Oversee the proper accounting, integration and reporting for acquisitions, capital market transactions, investments or other transactions on an as needed basis.
- Collaborate with other finance stakeholders to establish and distribute quarterly financial close calendar.
- Supervise the timely and accurate monthly close of corporate managed entities within The Priceline Group (e.g. Corporate, Purchase Accounting, Holding companies).
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum of 15 years of experience and will likely have started their career in a global accounting firm.
- Must be a CPA.
- Proven success as a Controller, Assistant Controller or senior finance leader, managing the accounting and/or finance team within a large scale, global, established company.
- Experience working and/or leading initiatives cross functionally, across all levels and cultures to meet business needs.
- Ability to work with teams to implement and/or automate new reporting and accounting initiatives or finance tools.
- Strong understanding of accounting for income taxes with the ability to identify and logically explain variances in effective tax rates and balance sheet tax positions.
- Proven experience building, mentoring, motivating and leading high performance teams while leveraging their strengths and helping to develop weaker skills.
Back to top