Software Engineer - Collaborative Editing team
We're looking for a developer interested in writing and running the mission-critical collaboration related services of Prezi and building forward-thinking web experiences and interactions for our users. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a growing start-up, building things millions of people will see every day. You will experience and experiment with new technologies and work with a group of people whom you can learn and keep pushing things forward. This position is located in our Budapest office.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on the collaborative editing experience in our products
- Dealing with multiple, different technical stacks and languages
- Having end-to-end responsibility of features across different components
- Thinking like a functional programmer
- Working in a challenging, fast-paced and always changing environment
Challenges you will be working on:
- Build and polish collaborative features in the Prezi Next product
- Participate in building a microservice architecture which scales, routes around failure and lets us build complex systems out of small components as well as maintain existing web applications.
- Run everything in the cloud (AWS).
- Solve complex cross-stack architectural problems
- Create libraries and services for other teams
- Develop and maintain existing backend services (mostly written in Scala and Python) to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure enough for our many million users.
- Rethink the assumptions that no longer hold in our current architecture.
- Interest working with typed functional programming (e.g. Scala, Haskell, F#, Ocaml etc.)
- Passion for clean, maintainable code
- Working C++ knowledge
- Knowledge of build systems, Continuous Integration
- Experience with Docker or other container technologies
- Knowledge of the JVM and/or Linux
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and proactively
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Great communication skills in English
Meet Some of Prezi's Employees
Inside Sales Associate
Brett loves that, through his role at Prezi, he is able to help businesses around the world stand out from the pack and tell their stories the way they want to.
Back to top