Prezi has an ambitious plan to redefine the world of hybrid work through better visual communication. Our ambition is to help people work, learn and collaborate better, and we need an SRE who can help us build and support the platform that will make this happen.
We currently operate a sophisticated Kubernetes landscape on AWS that supports:
- Millions of users
- 20 engineering teams;
- 100 microservices [python, scala, golang];
- 1,000 VMs [~10,000+ vCPUs];
- 20,000 HTTP reqs/sec.
Our ambition is to see these numbers as the launching pad, with big growth ahead. By joining the team at such an exciting time, you will not only have the chance to work on the latest platform technologies, but also help us to define our strategy and evolve our systems to support our next adventure. We are proud of our resilience and availability by design, and we want to ensure we continue to be a trusted partner for our new customers as we grow.
Prezi has offices in Berlin, Budapest, Riga, and San Francisco, but we are a virtual first company. For this position, we are ideally looking for someone who has good timezone overlap with our engineering teams in Europe, and can feel fully supported and part of the team.
If you have...
- an understanding of observability: monitoring, tracing, alerting
- a life-long learner mindset and a positive attitude
- a proactive approach to find bottlenecks, performance issues or simply improvement areas
...then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if you have:
- practical knowledge of the AWS stack;
- practical knowledge with container orchestration - Kubernetes experience would be a big plus;
- built software and systems to manage infrastructure;
- experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform);
- experience with monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus);
- knowledge of test automation of infrastructure components;
- a passion for automating everything.
The best part: Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.