We’re looking for someone who is excited about developing a mission-critical, scalable, reliable, and secure platform for all engineers in Prezi to build upon. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a grown-up startup that builds services that hundreds of millions of people see and use every day. You will experiment with technologies (like Kubernetes, Prometheus, Istio, Terraform) and experience working as a member of a team where you can grow and learn, while pushing initiatives forward.
Prezi has offices in Berlin, Budapest, Riga, and San Francisco, but we are a virtual first company. For this position, we are looking for someone in the EU and UK time zones, so you’ll have the flexibility to work remotely from Europe. You'll be reporting to the engineering manager of the team Balazs Tothfalussy.
“There’s never a dull day in the SRE team. We are the last line of defense on outages and critical situations, while also developing core services like authentication for Prezi. We are supporting all engineering teams to run their services in production in a reliable way and, when things break, have proper observability tools in place to find out what is broken and revert quickly to a stable state. It’s challenging and rewarding to be a member of the team that’s responsible to build the solutions that backs prezi.com - while we’re at it, we have to think big and long term, considering cost and efficiency. I love it!”
Some awesome numbers for you:
- ~100+ million users;
- ~20 engineering teams;
- ~100 microservices [python, scala, golang];
- ~1,000 VMs [~10,000+ vCPUs];
- ~20,000 HTTP reqs/sec.
Imagine joining the team that develops services to handle that scale! 🚀
If you have...
- a deep understanding of the full web technology stack - e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc;
- been comfortable with Linux internals - networking, system calls, shell scripting
- an understanding of observability: monitoring, tracing, alerting
- a life-long learner mindset and a positive attitude
- a proactive approach to find bottlenecks, performance issues or simply improvement areas
Bonus points if you have:
- practical knowledge of the AWS stack;
- practical knowledge with container orchestration - Kubernetes experience would be a big plus;
- built software and systems to manage infrastructure;
- experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform);
- experience with monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus);
- knowledge of test automation of infrastructure components;
- a passion for automating everything.
The best part: Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.