Senior Site Reliability Engineer
- Budapest, Hungary
We’re looking for someone who is excited about creating a mission-critical, scalable, reliable, and secure platform for all engineers in Prezi to build upon. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a grown-up startup that builds software solutions that millions of people see and use every day. You will experiment with new technologies and experience working as a member of a team where you can grow and learn, while always pushing initiatives forward.
Based anywhere in Europe, you’ll report to Balazs Tothfalussy, Engineering Manager.
“There’s never a dull day in the SRE team. We are the last line of defense on outages and critical situations, supporting all the engineering teams to run their services in production in a reliable way and, when things break, have proper observability tools in place to find out what is broken and revert quickly to a stable state. It’s challenging and rewarding to be a member of the team that’s responsible to build the infrastructure that backs prezi.com - while we’re at it, we have to think big and long term, considering cost and efficiency. I love it!”
Some awesome numbers for you:
~100+ million users;
~20 engineering teams;
~100 microservices [python, scala, golang];
~1,000 VMs [~10,000+ vCPUs];
~20,000 HTTP reqs/sec.
Imagine joining the team that handles that scale!
If you have...
- 3+ years of experience building reliable, scalable, secure infrastructure;
- a good understanding of cloud native solutions;
- a deep understanding of the full web technology stack - e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc;
- practical knowledge with container orchestration - Kubernetes experience would be a big plus;
- solid grasp of Linux internals - networking, system calls, shell scripting;
- an understanding of observability: monitoring, tracing, alerting;
- the ability and willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily;
- a life-long learner mindset and a positive attitude.
then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if you have:
- practical knowledge of the AWS stack;
- experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform);
- experience with monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus);
- knowledge of test automation of infrastructure components;
- a passion for automating everything.
The best part: Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.
To learn more about this opportunity, Prezi the company, Prezi Values (We Care, We Team and We Picture) and experience the magic of Prezi the product have a look at this prezi presentation https://prezi.com/p/p2qef_qd5h5y
Back to top