Senior Site Reliability Engineer
We’re looking for someone who would be excited about creating a mission-critical, scalable, reliable and secure platform for all engineers in Prezi to build upon. In this role you’ll have the opportunity to work in a growing startup, building software solutions millions of people will see and use every day. You will experiment and experience new technologies and be a member of a team that you can grow and learn from, always pushing initiatives forward.
Based in our Budapest Office, you’ll report to Marcio, Director of Engineering
“There’s never a dull day in the SRE team. We are the last line of defense on outages and critical situations, supporting all the engineering teams to run their services in production in a reliable way and, when things break, have proper observability tools in place to find out what is broken and revert quickly to a stable state. It’s challenging and rewarding to be a member of the team that’s responsible to build the infrastructure that backs prezi.com - while we’re at it, we have to think big and long term, considering cost and efficiency. I love it!”
If You have:
- 5+ years of experience building reliable, scalable, secure infrastructure;
- Good understanding of cloud native solutions;
- Deep understanding of the full web technology stack - e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP, SSL, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, etc;
- Good grasp of Linux internals - networking, system calls, shell scripting;
- Good understanding of observability: monitoring, tracing, alerting;
- Experience with microservice oriented architecture;
- The ability and willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily;
- Life-long learner mindset and positive attitude;
- Passion for clean, maintainable code.
We would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if You have:
- Experience with containers (e.g. Docker);
- Practical knowledge with container orchestration - Kubernetes experience would be a big plus;
- Practical knowledge of the AWS stack;
- Experience with infrastructure-as-code (e.g. Terraform);
- Experience with monitoring solutions (e.g. Prometheus);
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications;
- Passion for automating everything.
We offer a competitive salary, a culture where you can be yourself, flexible working hours in our beautiful office environment, free quality food in the Prezi Bistro, a relocation package, paid trips to professional conferences, Prezi Daycare for children and more. The best part: you will join an awesome team that highly appreciates visual communication, that believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts and that deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences to act.
If you’re passionate about visual communication, love being part of a team, and care about those around you, we want to hear from you asap.
To learn more about this opportunity, Prezi the company, Prezi Values (We Care, We Team and We Picture) and experience the magic of Prezi the product have a look at this prezi https://prezi.com/p/-lnxrzfkgxbo/bp-senior-site-reliability-engineer/
Back to top