Senior Data Analyst - San Francisco
Prezi is looking for Senior Data Analyst with a passion for working with web, marketing, sales, product, and user behavioral data to help define strategy, guide operations and KPIs, and impact how we build experiences and products that empower our users to be the best communicators in the world.
Prezi.com is a top global web site (#419 in US per Alexa rank, Oct 2016), with over 75 million registered users, and hundreds of millions of user prezis created. So, we have data and scale where data can really matter in helping us decide on many things. And, we are pretty good at using data, but want to be world class.
Our data engineering team and infrastructure is modern and robust. We use the tools that you’d expect. SQL, Hive, Pig, Python, R, Bash, Git, Hadoop, AWS’s EC2, EMR, and Redshift. Our data engineering team is in Budapest. So, our San Francisco based Analysts need to be very self sufficient. In return, the analysts are deeply engaged in meaningful operations and discussions with product, marketing, and sales/support teams.
We are looking for a special person that can join our team to 1) help our internal clients be world class in using data, and 2) who loves working across the data analytics process of building pipelines, managing data sets, developing impactful analyses and models, and improving business operations and strategy.
Challenges and responsibilities
- Help key clients of Marketing, Sales, Support with analytical strategies and operations
- Be self starter on creating with clients the right analytics roadmap
- Understand our business deeply (customer acquisition, sales, support, user experience)
- Deploy techniques such as A/B testing, user segmentation, price elasticity testing, and when warranted predictive modeling to solve hard problems
- Create the necessary dashboards and reports for your clients
- Work with senior managers in critical operations and on key decisions of our business at high pace
- Create and manage your data on top of our data infrastructure. You have to love doing it all.
- 5+ years of experience in data/business analytics with bigger datasets (Internet, banking, telecommunication)
- Wants to be part of a global team
- Understanding of freemium subscription business model
- Great with comprehensive statistical analyses:
- basic statistical methodology: eg. A/B testing, clustering
- predictive modelling: eg. decision trees, regressions
- proficient in at least one statistical software: R, Rapidminer, SPSS, SAS, MATLAB or similar
- Proficiency in data transformation: SQL and Python or any other scripting language is a must
- Experience working with ETL pipelines or willingness to learn
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics or related areas
We work with these technologies
- SQL, Hive, Spark, Pig, Python, R, Chartio, Bash, Git, Kafka
- Amazon Web Services: EC2, EMR, Redshift
Back to top