Security DevOps Engineer
Information Security Engineer
Are you interested in designing and improving the security architecture of Prezi in order to protect the data of millions who are using our cloud productivity tool? Then read on…We're looking for someone to join our Engineering team at Prezi as a Security DevOps Engineer.
Some of the challenges we are facing today are:
- implementing meaningful security controls in line with agile practices, devops, and SOC2
- hardening our critical infrastructure components (from super detailed auditing to confining processes with Apparmor at scale)
- building up and establishing a strong and effective internal security training program
Based in our Budapest Office, you’ll report to Misi, Engineering Manager of the Security Team
“ I love working together with the team to cover all the aspects of security like reacting to potential incidents, developing tools and sometimes complex services in python for detecting risks, integrating different security products, evangelizing security internally and tweaking company-wide processes to maximize our impact. I believe working with so many things and keeping focus can be super challenging and to be honest sometimes even frustrating, but it definitely gives the opportunity to learn every day.”
- get excited about finding potential edge-cases (like “what can go wrong?”) or misuses regarding security
- have experience with public cloud providers (preferably AWS)
- already wrote some complex services, preferably in Python
- feel end-to-end responsibility towards your services and everything you do (from design to the very last exception you get)
- understand how the Internet works (from IP subnets to HTTP headers)
- know and love continuous delivery, clean code, Linux and Docker
- think critically and are ready to challenge the status quo in a constructive way
- have strong English communication skills, both spoken and written
then we would love to hear from you!
We offer a competitive salary, a culture where you can be yourself, flexible working hours in our beautiful office environment, free high-quality food in the Prezi Bistro, a relocation package, paid trips to professional conferences, Prezi Daycare for children, and much more.
The best part: you’ll be part of an awesome team that highly appreciates visual communication, believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and cares deeply about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We’re looking for people who can bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire audiences.
If you’re passionate about visual communication, love being part of a team, and care about those around you, we want to hear from you asap!
If you are interested in more detail regarding what the Security team at Prezi does or did, here are some links to our open source projects, blog posts, and presentations:
- [presentation] What we learnt from running our Security Operations Center @ BSidesLjubljana 2017
- [tool] Reddalert to detect risky security changes in AWS
- [tool] Repoguard to check and alert on any change in git repositories which might be interesting
- [blog] How we defeated Heartbleed
- [blog] Story of an awesome bugbounty submission
- [presentation] Security alerts that are worth a phone call @ Hacktivity 2014 (video)
- [presentation] Scaling Security @ Confidence 2014 (video)
To learn more about this opportunity, Prezi the company, Prezi Values (We Care, We Team and We Picture) and experience the magic of Prezi the product have a look at this prezi https://prezi.com/p/dwcaxnw6otxb/bp-security-engineer/
See Inside the Office of Prezi
Founded in 2009, Prezi is a cloud-based presentation software tool that helps users connect powerfully with their audiences. Unlike standard presentation slides, Prezi’s zoomable canvas shows relationships between the big picture and fine details, putting ideas into context and engaging viewers in a unique and visually exciting way.
Back to top