Product Owner for the Infrastructure Team
Prezi is looking for a back-end & infrastructure Product Owner (PO) to work together with Product Managers (PM), Engineers, Security and Data teams to help build the product right. The PO, along with our Infra team (~10 engineers) will focus on how to implement high-quality solutions.
As a PO you will focus on enabling feature teams to build secure and scalable services efficiently. Our ecosystem should fulfill both external and internal customers and Prezi’s strategic needs. Our goal is to make Prezi a highly available service that customers can trust.
Prezi Product Owner Responsibilities:
- Builds a technology roadmap in conjunction with Senior Engineers, Tech Leads, and Product Managers.
- Acts as the main point-of-contact for the backend and infrastructure team to support product managers in Opportunity Assessments, estimations on requirements.
- Collaborates with PM’s to prioritize opportunity backlogs.
- Responsible for defining and prioritizing Epics, User Stories, and Acceptance Criteria.
- Ensures that the right amount of people with the right skill sets are working on the projects.
- Provides requirements on Data and Instrumentation.
- Responsible for tracking and providing visibility to stakeholders into team’s progress and impact on the timeline of delivery during sprints and cycles.
- Ensures internal readiness for new initiative/product roll-out.
- Partners with engineers to resolve scope-related trade-offs.
- Supports PMs in providing Product level visibility.
- Provides visibility into risks and works with stakeholders to resolve them.
- Facilitates daily stand-ups, sprint planning, sprint review meetings, team retrospectives and participates in organization level retrospectives.
What we expect from you:
- Customer mindset approach: The first three items on your priorities list is customers, customers, and customers. It's crucial to be able to inspire engineers to think about both external and internal customers and refocus product discussions back towards them.
- Understands the principles of Product Development and has a proven track record in delivering products
- Makes decisions based on rational reasoning and data vs. emotional thinking. Eg. prioritize tasks on actual impact.
- Skilled communicator: can distill complex ideas to make them universally understandable, have attention to detail and be willing to explain to others.
- Experience in working in an environment that fosters “learning through delivery” behavior in a SaaS company is a strong plus.
- Ability to identify risks and make them quickly visible to support a transparent and highly collaborative environment.
- Experience in building platforms on Amazon Web Services. Productizing the platform for internal customers and for consumption by 3rd parties as well.
What you can expect from us:
- Competitive monthly salary and stock options
- Opportunity to work in a young and well-established international company where what you do has a direct and immediate impact
- Flexible working hours and vacation
- MEDICOVER - private health insurance at no cost
- Opportunity to attend international conferences to learn and improve
- Occasional travel to San Francisco and Riga
- Free quality food (lunch and breakfast in at the restaurant and sandwiches in Prezi bistro)
- Free gym cards, bike repair service, and bike storage
- Take advantage of the Prezi library and order books at company cost
Meet Some of Prezi's Employees
Inside Sales Associate
Brett loves that, through his role at Prezi, he is able to help businesses around the world stand out from the pack and tell their stories the way they want to.
Back to top