Full Stack Developer - Budapest
We are looking for a Full Stack Web Developer, who is interested in building forward thinking web experiences and interactions to join our engineering team at Prezi. In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a growing start-up, building things millions of people will see everyday. This position is located in our Budapest office.
You should be excited about:
- Joining a team that focuses on collaborative editing features of the product.
- Creating customer facing applications.
- Working in a challenging, fast paced environment.
- Contributing to a software which helps people present and share ideas in a new, easier way.
Challenges you will be working on:
- Building new features, delivering value to our existing and future customers.
- Creating responsive, performance driven user interfaces.
- Designing, implementing and deploying scalable microservices to production as well as maintain existing web applications.
- Interacting with the open source community.
- Developing and maintaining existing backend services (mostly written in Scala) to ensure they are efficient, reliable and secure for our many million users.
- Exploring exciting relationships, patterns, answers in our enormous data sets. Log, monitor, analyze everything you can think of.
- You will play an important role in evolving the team collaboration features for Prezi Business - our new, multiplatform product that helps teams create awesome presentations.
- 2+ years experience in developing web applications and web services.
- Experience with REST based backend services (preferably Scala/Akka-http)
- Passion for clean, maintainable code.
- Choose tools for the problem and not the other way around. Be able to debug through several stacks.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering – equivalent work experience is acceptable.
- Must demonstrate either significant personal or professional experience in software development.
- Able to meet deadlines, work within an international environment, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends.
- Ability & willingness to learn fast and pick up new things easily.
- Analyze and solve programming tasks independently and pro-actively.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Great communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of test automation of backend and frontend applications, continuous deployment.
- Passion for user-centric interface design.
- Working on user facing application at scale.
Back to top