We are currently growing our engineering community and we are looking for leaders who want to have an impact in shaping the organization. As a leader in Prezi you amplify the company strategy and the voice of customers in your teams and you also represent your team’s voice when they are not present. You are coaching people and peers in context of mission, strategy and roadmap to help problems being solved aligned with company goals. You are empathetic to individuals and help them unlock their true potential. You create an environment of trust and collaboration and help others doing the same.
What you'll do:
- MENTOR Effectively coach, mentor and guide the technical and professional development of the members of the team
- AMPLIFY Ensure the team fully understands the goals and objectives of Prezi as a company and how their work fits into the bigger picture; and surface discoveries from your engineers to relevant stakeholders
- INSPIRE Inspire the team to be autonomous, grow people’s careers, and build technical leaders within the team
- SCALE the engineering organization by sourcing and hiring both externally and internally, and keep raising the bar while doing so!
- LEAD by example by fostering and growing a learning organization
- COMMUNITY Build an awesome engineering community and communicate the results to both inside and outside of the company
- SIMPLIFY Be an advisor and bring in perspectives that drives change and motivates engineers to develop simple solutions to complex problems
- PARTNER with your cross-functional peers to build better context to help your engineers become increasingly good cross-function collaborators
Who you are:
- You have a total of 5+ years of experience building software systems
- You've led a team of 5-8 engineers, and have ~2+ years of engineering management experience
- You have experience building services for distributed systems, and have successfully taken projects from inception to production
- You have experience formulating or coaching someone to formulate a team's technical strategy and roadmap; you've collaborated and partnered effectively with several other teams
- You are comfortable diving into the technical aspects of various parts of our systems
- You can provide a strong technical vision for systems and infrastructure teams
- Strong CS fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, design patterns, etc.
- A solid grasp on agile software engineering practices
- Great communication skills
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Contributions to the open-source community
Meet Some of Prezi's Employees
Inside Sales Associate
Brett loves that, through his role at Prezi, he is able to help businesses around the world stand out from the pack and tell their stories the way they want to.
Back to top