- Budapest, Hungary
We're looking for a Devops Engineer interested in creating tools to improve the developer journey and productivity of all Prezi engineers. In this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work in a growing startup and help build solutions millions of people will see everyday. You will experience and experiment with new technologies and work with a group of people from whom you can learn and keep pushing things forward.
As a core member of the Site Reliability Engineering team you will guide and define best practices in building a uniform microservice oriented architecture that is scalable, reliable and secure. We run everything in the cloud (AWS) with Kubernetes and we are in mid transition, so you can be a part of this challenge!
Prezi is a multi-stack company (Python, Scala, Go), and you will develop and support the entire production infrastructure spanning over 100+ microservices, using ~10,000+ vCPUs and handling around ~20,000 HTTP reqs/sec.
If the above was not challenging enough :), on top of the above our team also ensures that we are utilizing our infrastructure cost-effectively and optimize mean-time to recover from failures.
You will join a team that focuses on the growth of the whole product through making our systems rock solid, observable and efficient.
Based in our Budapest Office, you’ll report to Balázs, Tech Lead Manager
“There’s never a dull day in the SRE team. We are the last line of defense on outages and critical situations, supporting all the engineering teams to run their services in production in a reliable way and, when things break, have proper observability tools in place to find out what is broken and revert quickly to a stable state. It’s challenging and rewarding to be a member of the team that’s responsible to build the infrastructure that backs prezi.com - while we’re at it, we have to think big and long term, considering cost and efficiency. I love it!”
If you have...
- 3+ years experience in developing web applications and web services (e.g. Python/Django) or build / test systems and some experience in technological leadership
- Good grasp of Linux internals (e.g. shell scripting, networking, system calls)
- practical experience of the AWS / other Cloud provider
- working experience with Docker/Kubernetes and/or CI systems (eg Jenkins)
- Skills to meet deadlines, exchange knowledge with colleagues, and be up-to-date with new trends
- Passion for clean, maintainable code
- Strong critical thinking skills
...then we would love to talk to you!
Bonus points if you have:
- deep understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTP, cookies, asset loading, caching, REST, TCP/IP)
- passion for developer-centric interface design in developer tools
- prior experience in a DevOps culture
- mentoring experience of other engineers / interns
- good understanding and experience in developing and maintaining a build pipeline for several libraries and services in Python / Scala / Go
The best part: Join an awesome team who highly appreciates visual communication, who believes that together we are greater than the sum of our parts, and who deeply cares about those around us.
At Prezi, we celebrate the diversity of our customers and our employees. We employ people from all backgrounds to build a product for everyone. We are looking for people who will bring in their different perspectives and help us on our mission to reinvent how people share knowledge, tell stories, and inspire their audiences.
If you are into visual communication, love to be a part of a team, and care about those around you, we encourage you to apply.
Back to top