Care about the facts? So do we. Since 2007, POLITICO has been committed to non-partisan journalism. We create products and deliver content of consequence; they have the power to change the course of history by making democracy better through our coverage of politics, policy, and power. As long as those intersect, there will be a need for POLITICO and our stories. That's where you come in.
You like to go fast. POLITICO fast. As the heartbeat of the newsroom, web producers take great POLITICO stories and run with them.
What You'll Do:
- You'll work under exhilarating deadlines to transform a story from a text file to a journalistic work of art, outfitting it with powerful photos, sharp sidebars and the latest videos.
- You'll help beat out the competition by breaking news via alerts and social media, and you'll push stories to the top of search results with smart SEO.
- You'll bring POLITICO to the center of the conversation on Twitter and Facebook, sharing engaging posts to drive traffic and build a following.
As part of the webteam, you'll work with other bright, driven journalists to make the website shine.
What You'll Need:
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and the proven ability to meet deadlines are essential.
- Experience with HTML or content management systems are preferred.
- Working knowledge of national and congressional politics is extremely helpful.
- College degree or equivalent is a must. Degrees and training in journalism or communications and one year of demonstrated Internet publication experience are preferred.
- Availability to work flexible hours to meet publishing needs is a must — POLITICO wins not only the morning but the nights and weekends, too!
Come help us build the story. We check our comfort zones at the door each day to foster innovation, and because we believe in each other's ambitions, we come together to create something meaningful.
We value our people. We offer a competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits package, including health and wellness benefits, commuter benefits, retirement plans, as well as work-life balance flexibility and opportunities for career development.
Let's keep in touch. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @politicocareers and #meetPOLITICO for a deep dive into what makes us POLITICOs and our adventures. We'd love to hear from you!
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
James manages POLITICO’s entire sales system, making it more efficient for the Sales and Audience Solutions Team. He also helps customize the user experience and add new users.
Back to top