Video Producer, POLITICO Events (EDI0058)
POLITICO is seeking a Video Producer, with a minimum of two years of experience in news and politics coverage. The position involves video production, from concept to publication, with an emphasis on delivering creative, broadcast quality content to a highly engaged politics and policy oriented audience. The ideal candidate will be creative, thrive in a fast-paced, quick-turnaround work environment and have the ability to balance multiple projects at once and meet deadlines.
Responsibilities will include:
- Creating highlight videos from POLITICO Events for website and social media;
- Producing video interviews with speakers and audience members at POLITICO Events;
- Conceiving creative and newsworthy formats to showcase event content on website and social media;
- Working in a variety of social media platforms.
Qualified candidates will have the following:
- 2-4 years of experience in a newsroom, video production studio, or equivalent position
- Fluency in NLE editing systems, Adobe creative suite preferred
- Working knowledge of ENG and DSLR camera equipment
- Thorough understanding of audio and lighting for a variety of video capture scenarios
- Superb editorial judgment and storytelling passion
- Strong interest in politics and political news
- Social-media savvy with focus on promotion and engagement
- Collaborate easily with editorial, creative, and technical staff
How To Apply
Send a résumé, cover letter describing your interest and relevant experience to [email protected] with this in the subject line: EDI0058
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top