Summer 2017 Business Development Internship (BUS0096)
POLITICO Pro’s Business Development internship program offers the opportunity for college students to be exposed to and involved in many aspects of business development including: research, client outreach, and client meetings. Throughout your internship, you will be charged with identifying viable organizations and contacts, preparing the team for client visits, assisting in client and prospect trials.
Key things you will learn:
- Steps of the Sales Cycle (including tips and tricks from our team of experts on how to master each step)
- Cold Calling Techniques that will help you connect and pitch the right people
- How to use Salesforce
- Upon successful completion of the internship, you will have gained experience needed to work on a sales team. Specifically, in addition to training and coaching, you will have the opportunity to make at least one prospecting call and one service call to current and prospective clients.
- High-performing interns who are college graduates may be offered regular positions with POLITICO Pro depending on performance and job openings. Interns who are continuing students may be extended into the following internship period.
- Self-starters with a strong sense of time management
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiasm and agility
If you want to launch your career in a collaborative, fast-paced community that also likes to have fun, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for up to four interns who can commit 20 hours per week. As part of that 20 hours, all interns must be available Friday from 9:30 to 4:00pm for trainings and seminars. Occasionally, we will ask you to arrive earlier and leave later depending client needs or deadlines.
Pay is $15/hour for approximately 15 weeks.
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: BUS0096. We look forward to hearing from you!
It is POLITICO’s policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law.
Meet Some of POLITICO's Employees
Senior Audience Development Analyst
Rachel engages audiences by analyzing current reader habits and interests to target new readers with relevant content. She also helps pinpoint which topics and journalistic styles resonate most with audiences.
Back to top